As a Occupant of New York I am simply speechless. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: As a Occupant of New York I am simply speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleks View Post
    I'm betting most officers .... will figure out walk around or assimilies.
    You remember that guy who played the part of Rocky, looked a bit like him.
    And then the dispatcher says, "Must kill moose and squirrel!"

As a Occupant of New York I am simply speechless.-784469bc-d49a-11de-95d1-001cc4c03286.preview-300.jpg
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleks View Post
    I'm betting most officers .... will figure out walk around or assimilies.

I'm looking for a 5'10" male that could be Obama's son.

I'm looking a gut that could be Caledron's son, he's wearing a black hoodie , is 5'9" tall - 160 lbs.

I'm looking for a guy I'ld swear must be Charlie Chan's son.....

You remember that guy who played the part of Rocky, looked a bit like him.
    This could be a thread in and of itself.

Car 54: I just had a woman get her purse snatched stand by for a description of the perpetrator.
    Dispatch: Car 54! You used a gender word and that is against the law these days. One more infraction and you will have to see the Captain.
    Go ahead with your description.
    Car 54: Okay, sorry bout that. I had a purse snatching occur in the 1100 block of Main. Suspect was last seen running north on Main described as, as, as, (turns to partner, leaves mike keyed) what do I say? Partner says, the hell with it, NRN 10-08.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Hysterically funny! The good news is that whenever the pendulum is pushed to the ridiculous extreme the backlash is sure to follow. In the meantime I'm going to laugh my butt off at political correctness gone crazy. So sorry for my friends in NY. You are temporarily screwed.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.
    >
    >
    There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone

Everything isn't always the way the chicken littles would like it to be.

What if the law said the police could not use possession of a weapon for the sole reason to question a person about an armed robbery? Would you be for or against it?

With the help of the The New York Post, the city's police unions are repeating the lie that pending City Council legislation to widen and entrench anti-bias laws would prevent police from sufficiently describing a suspect.“It will ban cops from identifying a suspect’s age, gender, color or disability," Roy Richter, president of the Captain's Endowment Association, told the tabloid. But if you actually read the legislation,you're forced to come to a different conclusion. "It's a flat out misrepresentation of the bill and everybody knows it," the legislation's co-sponsor, Councilmember Brad Lander said, referring to Richter's comments. "The bill allows police officers to use all manner of descriptive information, including skin color, height, age, in suspect descriptions. It absolutely allows it and it's a lie to say it doesn't."
    Indeed, the Community Safety Act would prohibit police from stopping someone solely based on those descriptive factors alone, and it widens the scope to include gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, immigration status, and housing status.
    If that sounds familiar, it's because current law already dictates that a simple profile alone cannot be the "determinative factor" in stopping a suspect (there's a little trial concerning this issue that wrapped up recently).
    NY Post, Liars: Bill Targeting NYPD Racial Profiling Will "Blindfold" Cops

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    These same people that must live in some alternate dimension, don't want you to have access to a firearm. They expect you to rely on the Police for all of your safety.

New York Democrats Want to Ban Police From Describing Suspects By Race, Sex, or Age | The Gateway Pundit

This may explain why Barack Obama said US perons have nothing to fear from the NSA.
    Not Citizens - not residents but persons.

Attention all cars , Be on the lookout for a 5-10 200 lb person wanted for robbery. wearing red clothes. That is all.

A race less - gender-less - society. (someone has been watching to much star trek in their moms basement)
    Imagine the news reports. Suspect is described as a person wearing red. In NYC that's about 2 million suspects. My wife and I were watching the news one night and a suspect was described as 6'2" - 6'4", white, about 200 pounds, wiry build, sandy hair, blue eyes, wearing blue jeans and a tee-shirt. My wife laughed... they just described you... I'm calling the cops.

Society is favoring the criminal element again. I'm not bad for murdering someone... you're bad for saying I was black in order to catch me.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I'll post this again since people seem to want to believe what the police union has falsly stated what the bill does.

It's an effort to curb Bloomy's random "Stop and Frisk" in which there is no suspected crime being investigated. Which, if you're familiar with, basically stomps on the 4th Amendment anyway. Doesn't appear to prevent the sharing of information for someone who is suspect of committing a crime.

Read the bill in it's entirety before passing judgement. Ignore the propaganda by the media.

The New York City Council - File #: Int 1080-2013

"City Council expresses deep concern about the impact of NYPD practices on various communities in New York City. In particular, the Council expresses concern about the NYPD's growing reliance on stop-and-frisk tactics and the impact of this practice on communities of color. In 2002, the NYPD made approximately 97,000 stops. By 2010, the number of stops had increased to more than 601,000. Black and Latino New Yorkers face the brunt of this practice and consistently represent more than 80 percent of people stopped despite representing just over 50 percent of the city's population. Moreover, stop-and-frisk practices have not increased public safety, as year-after-year nearly 90 percent of individuals stopped are neither arrested nor issued a summons."
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123