HAVE to go to California for a couple of weeks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAVE to go to California for a couple of weeks

1. HAVE to go to California for a couple of weeks

I can carry to Ca but since I will carry to and from. Would someone direct me to the restrictions for keeping a handgun "unloaded" but accessible in Ca?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by OleEd; 06-24-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Spelling error....

Sure...try Google
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

4. Look here: Traveling with Firearms in California | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General and http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/ag...s/Cfl2007.pdf? Short version, it can't be accessible and it can't be loaded. Read the definition of loaded carefully! Having ammo near the weapon may be considered as loaded! Also remember they have a strict 10 round max mag law!

Quote Originally Posted by Vencil View Post
    Look here: Traveling with Firearms in California | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General and http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/ag...s/Cfl2007.pdf? Short version, it can't be accessible and it can't be loaded. Read the definition of loaded carefully! Having ammo near the weapon may be considered as loaded! Also remember they have a strict 10 round max mag law!
    The California Highway Patrol disagrees with the statement highlighted above:
    CHP-Frequently Asked Questions of the Highway Patrol

I will be traveling to California and want to carry my weapon. I currently have a concealed weapon permit. How can I legally transport my weapon while driving through the state?
    California law does not recognize concealed weapon permits from other states; therefore, they would not be held valid. If you wish to transport a handgun during your California visit, it should be carried unloaded in a locked container. In the absence of a suitable container, you may secure the unloaded handgun in the locked trunk of a passenger car. Ammunition may be kept in the same container or trunk, but the handgun must remain unloaded with no rounds in the cylinder and no loaded magazines in the magazine well.

If you have additional questions, contact the California Department of Justice at 916-227-3703.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

6. Thanks all for your comments. I do appreciate your assistance. I was stationed out there four times. Beautiful country. Too bad people had to ruin it for us. And now a license for ammo???? I'm embarrassed by the democrats; ashamed of the republicans and liberals are not worth commenting on. Again thank you all.

Was stationed there for a while have tow sons living there but do not spend my money there. Sad as you say beautiful state.

It would be a great state if it weren't for all the Liberals. I'm not sure if they have local regs that differ from state ones. When I was there in 2000-2004 you had to check your guns at the border and they issued you a shirt with a target on it :)
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    It would be a great state if it weren't for all the Liberals. I'm not sure if they have local regs that differ from state ones. When I was there in 2000-2004 you had to check your guns ant the border and they issued you a shirt with a target on it :)
    LMFAO at the shirt :D
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

10. So now what if he needed to use it for because of the BG, can he get it out and use it for his or her protection?

11. So now what if he needed to use it for because of the BG, can he get it out and use it for his or her protection also if you have to stay in a hotel he should be able to load it once he get in side?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast