discovered to be conceal carrying - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: discovered to be conceal carrying

  1. Never. If you're "caught," you're not doing it right.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    State Trooper arrived after an accident I was involved. When he walked up I handed him permit and DL and said "Before we get started here is my CCW permit and I am carrying". He looked at it, gave it back and never said anything more about it.
    could please explain the reason that you felt the need to produce a weapons permit when (A) you weren't even carrying a weapon and (B) there wasn't an official contact

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    could please explain the reason that you felt the need to produce a weapons permit when (A) you weren't even carrying a weapon and (B) there wasn't an official contact
    How do you figure? In the quote you posted JG states "Before we get started here is my CCW permit and I am carrying"

    Also how is a State Trooper investigating an accident that JG was invovled in not an official contact?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,412
    Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    Never. If you're "caught," you're not doing it right.
    Not necessarily true, though I agree that generally, it is.

    Back in like '81 or '82, my ex-wife, her idiot-Afghan dog and I went to Seattle Center (the park where the Space Needle is) to enjoy a day of concerts. Between shows, we were walking around looking at arts and crafts booths when a Seattle cop stopped me, spread my vest and asked if I had a permit for that weapon. I said yes, showed him my permission slip, and asked him if he just saw my holster or weapon under my vest, or how he "made" me. He said that he had received a report from someone inside the Food Court about a man with a gun and I fit the description. Well, we had brought our own food because we had the dog with us and would not have been allowed in the Food Court. I told him that, and pointed to where our stuff was on the grass a few yards away, with cooler and picnic basket in plain view. Bottom line, if the cop's story was truthful that someone fitting my description had been reported as having a gun, it was just dumb luck that the mistaken suspect (me) that he chose to contact was also carrying. If his story was true, I was "doing it right" but got "caught" in spite of that fact.

    Like I said though, in general I agree with your statement.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    How do you figure? In the quote you posted JG states "Before we get started here is my CCW permit and I am carrying"

    Also how is a State Trooper investigating an accident that JG was invovled in not an official contact?
    you should try reading for comprehension, he said he displayed AN EMPTY HOLSTER

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you should try reading for comprehension, he said he displayed AN EMPTY HOLSTER

    You're wrong, Treo is right.

    First incident with cigar employee was empty holster.

    Second incident involved an officer.

    Two paragraphs. Two thoughts. Two incidents.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you should try reading for comprehension, he said he displayed AN EMPTY HOLSTER
    I should try reading comprehension? please read the original post (which I have bolded for emphasis)

    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Walked into a cigar lounge wearing my usual vest. Guy looks up and says "So what are you packin'?" I was so surprised I lifter the vest and showed my empty holster and replied "Nothing, place is posted, would not be legal!". Had a nice conversation with him afterwards.

    Second Incident during which JG states that he is in fact armed

    State Trooper arrived after an accident I was involved. When he walked up I handed him permit and DL and said "Before we get started here is my CCW permit and I am carrying". He looked at it, gave it back and never said anything more about it.
    How's that "reading comprehension" working out for you?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Slapfest lol. 15

  10. No, actually I haven't posted much. And like I said, I'm relatively new to concealed carry. I am sincere in wondering if being hassled is a common occurrence. I have not had any issues yet, and just thought it would be interesting to hear other's stories.

  11. Never hassled. I'm sure wind gusts have exposed my sidearm a few times. Probably just the grip. I wear IWB on windy days and when I need better concealment, than OWB.

    No public citizen theatrics, so no issues.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast