discovered to be conceal carrying - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: discovered to be conceal carrying

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic1990 View Post
    LOL...that is great! I live in Ohio and have only had my concealed carry license a few months. I carry my Glock 27 in an IWB holster at 8:00 position (I'm left-handed). In the summertime I just wear a t-shirt over it, but I have to be picky on which shirt I wear out in public, and if I know I'll be going out I'll try to stick with a loose fitting shirt. I was just curious as to how common it is for a person that carries concealed daily to have an issue with someone or LEO make a scene if they are exposed.
    I live in Ohio too. I'm sure mine has been visible at times but no one has ever said anything. I don't go to phenomenal lengths to keep it covered because open carry is legal here. As far as someone seeing it and commenting goes, I couldn't care less what they think, so it doesn't worry me.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

When conceal carry was 'passed' here, a group organized to try to "out" anyone they could ID conceal carry in any stores, etc... and attempt to make as BIG a scene as they could. I had heard about it.
    >
    I was in a Movie rental store... and some guy seemed to be following me wherever I went in the store. So, I changed my path a few times to be sure that was really happening, and it was. I wondered what he was doing.
    >
    Went up to the register, and was 3rd in line. He walks up next to me, staring at my waist (kind of weird thing to do).... then he very loudly starts shouting ... "he has a gun, he has a gun ..... do you allow people in here with guns ? .... Oh my god ... he has a gun in here... Do you allow that in here ? ". The younger girl at the checkout responded, "well yes we do, and I'm glad to have people in here armed.... and is someone comes in here to rob me and sticks a gun in my face... I hope that someone like him is armed in here". He didn't like that answer.
    >
    Well, he kept ranting and raving about it... just as loud as he could. I was laughing, so finally... I asked the guy.... "what are you talking about ... this ? ". To which I lifted my shirt on that side to show him the cell phone case and phone attached to my belt under my shirt. He was "stunned" and stood there for what seemed a long time just starring at it..... with his mouth wide open, and not a word. Then, no apology at all, he walks out the door and disappears.
    >
    My 'cell phone' has been "IDENTIFED" several times by folks as a "gun". Funny thing is, the gun is on the "other side" ... and they never notice it.
    >
    >
    I did have one occasion at a grocery store, reaching for something on a high shelf and my shirt rode up and exposed my gun. I realized it as some woman standing next to me was starring at it. She looked up at me, and I told "hi, how are you doing"..... then asked her some off question as I just casually covered the gun and kept talking with her. We had a nice talk, joked a bit about a few things, and she never gave the gun another thought. Accidental exposure is not against the law here and there would have been no real consequences.

I have never been asked about it and the only LEO experience where I was required by state law to notify was no issue.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic1990 View Post
    Does anyone have any stories of being discovered conceal carrying (maybe by printing or accidental exposing the gun) in a public place and being approached or called out on it? Maybe you even had law enforcement called on you?
    Who want's to know?
    Are you an Obama Mole?
    Maybe one of those Fascist type's of LEO's?

I have the right to remain silent, because anything that I say can & will be used against me...
    Isn't that the way it goes in this country nowadays?

For the record, My answer is;
    "No, I have never exposed my concealed carry sidearm in any way whatsoever."
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Walked into a cigar lounge wearing my usual vest. Guy looks up and says "So what are you packin'?" I was so surprised I lifter the vest and showed my empty holster and replied "Nothing, place is posted, would not be legal!". Had a nice conversation with him afterwards.
    ~
    State Trooper arrived after an accident I was involved. When he walked up I handed him permit and DL and said "Before we get started here is my CCW permit and I am carrying". He looked at it, gave it back and never said anything more about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    could please explain the reason that you felt the need to produce a weapons permit when (A) you weren't even carrying a weapon and (B) there wasn't an official contact
    How about reading and quoting everything a poster says so you have the whole story, instead of dissecting statements and picking at them like a vulture. JG1967's post was about 2 (TWO) separate incidents. You can tell this from how the paragraphs form in his post and especially when you draw them up to quote them in the forum.
    ~
    As Treo also posted from his JG1967's post, he acknowledged being armed to the trooper when he handed over his documentation (some states require this if you are involved legally with a LEO in the performance of his job).
    ~
    So what was your question again I don't think I quite caught that, just sayin.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

No,

I lost all my stuff in a tragic canoeing accident :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    could please explain the reason that you felt the need to produce a weapons permit when (A) you weren't even carrying a weapon and (B) there wasn't an official contact
    Here in NC, we are a "must notify" state and that applies regardless of whether or not we are carrying.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I live in Ohio too. I'm sure mine has been visible at times but no one has ever said anything. I don't go to phenomenal lengths to keep it covered because open carry is legal here. As far as someone seeing it and commenting goes, I couldn't care less what they think, so it doesn't worry me.
    I don't worry too much about being spotted. Most people are total sheep and would never notice anyway.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You're wrong, Treo is right.

First incident with cigar employee was empty holster.

Second incident involved an officer.

Two paragraphs. Two thoughts. Two incidents.
    That is correct. I did not crash my car into a cigar lounge while NOT carrying a gun. Two separate incidents ;-)
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    Here in NC, we are a "must notify" state and that applies regardless of whether or not we are carrying.
    I was under the impression it only applies to actually carrying a firearm?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast