discovered to be conceal carrying - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: discovered to be conceal carrying

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    That is correct. I did not crash my car into a cigar lounge while NOT carrying a gun. Two separate incidents ;-)
    That's too bad that would have been one hell of a story ...

Never been "caught" ,however, have run into a few fellow CCr's where the firearm was inadvertently exposed. Politely and discretely let them know and carried on. Most people are too busy or too distracted to notice a firearm, despite the initial paranoia, if you will, when one first starts carrying.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    Here in NC, we are a "must notify" state and that applies regardless of whether or not we are carrying.
    Wow, that's awesome. So basically, if you get pulled over, you have to notify if you are carrying and you have to notify that you're not carrying. Is that what you teach in your classes? What are you going to tell one of your fresh, new concealed carrying students when they get their permission slip, turn it over, and it contradicts what they just spent money on for you to give them false information?

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you should try reading for comprehension, he said he displayed AN EMPTY HOLSTER
    You should follow your own advice. Your reading comprehension ain't for shinola.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Here in NC, we are a "must notify" state and that applies regardless of whether or not we are carrying.
    If you are NOT carrying, what, pray tell, are you NOTIFYING about???

"Excuse me officer, I'd like to notify you that I am NOT carrying!!" Seriously? If this truly is your law, it has to be one of the stupidest I've heard in awhile. Please show evidence that NC is truly this backward. Thank you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Wish all you folks would at least post your state, state laws differ, in Texas if you are stopped by LEO and license is requested, if you are carrying, you must inform.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    If you are NOT carrying, what, pray tell, are you NOTIFYING about???

"Excuse me officer, I'd like to notify you that I am NOT carrying!!" Seriously? If this truly is your law, it has to be one of the stupidest I've heard in awhile. Please show evidence that NC is truly this backward. Thank you.
    and he's an "instructor" so much bad info is passed along by concealed carry instructors, having a firearms instructor teach law is absurd! it would be better if people with the proper credentials spoke to the laws concerning concealed carry in whatever the state is!

Must Inform Officer Immediately on Contact By Law?
    “YES”
    From the NC Dept. of Justice Firearms Website
    To possess a concealed handgun in North Carolina, you must:
     Carry your permit and a valid form of identification with you at all times.
     Disclose the fact that you have a valid concealed handgun permit when you are approached or addressed by any law enforcement officer in North Carolina.

So, in the first place, you only have to inform if you are carrying.
    In the second place, why would you have a permit and not carry?

If you want to be really picky about it.......
    § 14‑415.11. Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit.
    (a) Any person who has a concealed handgun permit may carry a concealed handgun unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law. The person shall carry the permit together with valid identification whenever the person is carrying a concealed handgun, shall disclose to any law enforcement officer that the person holds a valid permit and is carrying a concealed handgun when approached or addressed by the officer, and shall display both the permit and the proper identification upon the request of a law enforcement officer. In addition to these requirements, a military permittee whose permit has expired during deployment may carry a concealed handgun during the 90 days following the end of deployment and before the permit is renewed provided the permittee also displays proof of deployment to any law enforcement officer.
    (emphasis added)
    So no, you do NOT need to notify law enforcement in North Carolina if you're not carrying.
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...14-415.11.html
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

10. I have had one person notice my concealed firearm in over 10 years carrying that I know of. It happened when I reached for something on a shelf. I was carrying OWB with a button up shirt loose over it and it rode up enough to expose the bottom half of the holster. One man saw it and did not say anything. He just nodded and said "nice day". If anyone else has ever noticed I have no idea. I have not very few comments from the times that I have open carried either. Most people do not notice.

11. Also, you are correct in saying that you do not have to inform LEO in NC if you are not carrying. However, if you do give them an ID and they run it, it will show up that you do have a CCW. They will most likely come back and ask if you are carrying a weapon and/or why you did not let them know that you have a permit. I tell people to give the LEO your license if they are pulled over and not carrying and go ahead and inform them that they do have a permit but are not carrying. They are going to find out about your permit anyway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast