discovered to be conceal carrying
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: discovered to be conceal carrying

1. discovered to be conceal carrying

Does anyone have any stories of being discovered conceal carrying (maybe by printing or accidental exposing the gun) in a public place and being approached or called out on it? Maybe you even had law enforcement called on you?

Not me... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic1990 View Post
    Does anyone have any stories of being discovered conceal carrying (maybe by printing or accidental exposing the gun) in a public place and being approached or called out on it? Maybe you even had law enforcement called on you?
    My brother was standing in a warehouse club line, checking out when the young lady behind spotted the gun on his hip.

"Oh," she said. "Does that make you feel like a big man?"

He turned, looked at her and the people around him and answered.

"No, it goes with the badge in my wallet."

The people around her burst out laughing and she turned 7 shades of red. Next time, maybe she won't judge. And even if she does, I don't think she'll try to pick a fight again.

4. discovered to be conceal carrying

LOL...that is great! I live in Ohio and have only had my concealed carry license a few months. I carry my Glock 27 in an IWB holster at 8:00 position (I'm left-handed). In the summertime I just wear a t-shirt over it, but I have to be picky on which shirt I wear out in public, and if I know I'll be going out I'll try to stick with a loose fitting shirt. I was just curious as to how common it is for a person that carries concealed daily to have an issue with someone or LEO make a scene if they are exposed.

I both OC and CC, and have had no problems her in NM. If I am with My Wife, I CC, as she does also, and then someetimes I OC, just for the heck of it. Never a problem either way. I was about to enter a gun shop doing OC, and one of the fellows came out and asked me to CC, as there was a person in there that they were watching closely, and they preferred he not know I was carrying , "Just in case".
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Here in Indiana, we are 'licensed to carry a handgun', concealed or OC, so, there's no real issue with being 'found out'...

I did have gent ask me, is that a KAHR? He was looking into a Kahr and had a few questions...

I never had a problem with any1 seeing the weapon that I knew of... And, when it was concealed, never been 'found out' that came to my attention.

Why does this smell like a fishing expedition to me?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Walked into a cigar lounge wearing my usual vest. Guy looks up and says "So what are you packin'?" I was so surprised I lifter the vest and showed my empty holster and replied "Nothing, place is posted, would not be legal!". Had a nice conversation with him afterwards.

State Trooper arrived after an accident I was involved. When he walked up I handed him permit and DL and said "Before we get started here is my CCW permit and I am carrying". He looked at it, gave it back and never said anything more about it.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post

kinda thought the same but kept quiet...lol

Quote Originally Posted by codacreator View Post
    My brother was standing in a warehouse club line, checking out when the young lady behind spotted the gun on his hip.

"Oh," she said. "Does that make you feel like a big man?"

He turned, looked at her and the people around him and answered.

"No, it goes with the badge in my wallet."

The people around her burst out laughing and she turned 7 shades of red. Next time, maybe she won't judge. And even if she does, I don't think she'll try to pick a fight again.
    While this is quite a funny situation, it is also sad that its expected that only our law enforcement be carrying. With about 100 million firearms owners (almost 1 of 3 people in the United States) why is this?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Could be that this is the OP's 2nd post ever!! It could be a legitimate question, but there have been too many "expeditions" to not assume the possibility.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast