open carry or indiscrete Ccw? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: open carry or indiscrete Ccw?

open carry or indiscrete Ccw?

There is collage student using empty holster to protest against the no gun policy, there people open carry in piers (supposedly fishing) (refer to meet up) to show the can OC. I am Ccw since 1999. (PR license, one of the most difficult to obtain in the USA) Ccw is the only way I carry. This is just a simple legal question to motivate debate. But is seems that here no one know the answer and are trying to make me feel like the BG ...

Quote Originally Posted by Javy View Post
    There is collage student using empty holster to protest against the no gun policy, there people open carry in piers (supposedly fishing) (refer to meet up) to show the can OC. I am Ccw since 1999. (PR license, one of the most difficult to obtain in the USA) Ccw is the only way I carry. This is just a simple legal question to motivate debate. But is seems that here no one know the answer and are trying to make me feel like the BG ...
    carrying an empty holster is not illegal and in FLA you can OC while travelling to/from and while engaged in fishing. as for the answer regarding that holster you posted, you've been given it, you just refuse to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    why would anyone advocate someone blatantly violate the law? in FLA where the OP claims to be from carrying in that holster not concealed by a cover garment is against the law.
    Isn't advocating breaking the law against the TOS on the forum?
    He didn't advocate breaking the law. He advocated putting something else in the holster. Is it breaking the law to carry a holster with an iPad in it? NO! Also, please show evidence that using that holster is not actually considered concealed, because that is the OP's original question. If you have evidence that this is true, please provide it, so we all know.

My advice to the OP, is exactly what Axeanda45 suggested. Don't carry, but wear that holster openly with a pad of paper and a pencil, or an iPad, etc in it. See if you get any LEO interested in it. Report back to us what happened in your encounter.... another suggestion, ask a lawyer.

Me personally, anything in that case (holster) is concealed. You cannot see the firearm... it doesn't imprint, but I'm not a lawyer and you shouldn't trust anything legally from anyone in a forum, whether they say it is concealed or isn't without evidence. Since I cannot give you evidence that the law says that would be concealed, do not trust my opinion either.

Also, my opinion, I would never use that as a holster to carry due to the time restraints in retrieving your firearm... but to each his own.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    He didn't advocate breaking the law. He advocated putting something else in the holster. Is it breaking the law to carry a holster with an iPad in it? NO! Also, please show evidence that using that holster is not actually considered concealed, because that is the OP's original question. If you have evidence that this is true, please provide it, so we all know.

My advice to the OP, is exactly what Axeanda45 suggested. Don't carry, but wear that holster openly with a pad of paper and a pencil, or an iPad, etc in it. See if you get any LEO interested in it. Report back to us what happened in your encounter.... another suggestion, ask a lawyer.

Me personally, anything in that case (holster) is concealed. You cannot see the firearm... it doesn't imprint, but I'm not a lawyer and you shouldn't trust anything legally from anyone in a forum, whether they say it is concealed or isn't without evidence. Since I cannot give you evidence that the law says that would be concealed, do not trust my opinion either.

Also, my opinion, I would never use that as a holster to carry due to the time restraints in retrieving your firearm... but to each his own.
    Baiting the popo is unequivocally patriotic. Good advice.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

Blog Entries
    Engrish prease?

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Baiting the popo is unequivocally patriotic. Good advice.

I'm not sure if you are sarcastic or genuinely agreeable. Mostly my advice on urging the OP to wear the holster with something else in it was 80% sarcastic and 20% curious to see what would happen. It's sometimes tough to get that through a written forum without body language and voice intonation.

However, in some instances, when our Constitutional rights are being violated, baiting and capturing the police on videotape is exactly what we need to provide the evidence to the courts to correct the usurping of our rights. But, that also means, stay the heck of YouTube with it until your day in court is done.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Stop feeding the troll.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Most on here are obviously experts in pretty much about everything and most advice given you could certainly take right to the judge in any situation. When I poop and surf usa carry, my phone emits this incredibly musky, testosterone filled cloud of patriotism and that in itself creates a perfect and relaxing venue to release my bowels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Don't sweat the small stuff. Most on here are obviously experts in pretty much about everything and most advice given you could certainly take right to the judge in any situation. When I poop and surf usa carry, my phone emits this incredibly musky, testosterone filled cloud of patriotism and that in itself creates a perfect and relaxing venue to release my bowels.

You must be havin trouble if you're this angry at us while you poop. Eat more fiber and leafy greens.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    You must be havin trouble if you're this angry at us while you poop. Eat more fiber and leafy greens.
    Angry? NEVER...NEVER poop angry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast