open carry or indiscrete Ccw?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: open carry or indiscrete Ccw?

If I used this, it will be consider open carry or ccw?
    Attached Images Attached Images open carry or indiscrete Ccw?-image.jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by Javy View Post
    in FLA using that holster exposed would get you a lot of problems. concealed means concealed from sight so that nobody can see that you are carrying. Printing is ok that is far past printing

Respectfully, why on God's green earth would anyone carry that anyway? "Excuse me while I unbuckle my holster and dig out my self-defense firearm."
    G'Day and G'lock

I was trying to make a point . The gun inside this holster is concealed. No one can see it. Can I use this holster as bag for my note pad and pen in collage? For my camera and wallet while in a mall? .....rather than walking on the street with open carry rifles, just put one of this with you cel or iPod inside.....

First off, it's called printing, giving the impression that you have a gun, which is a violation of the CCW law in all states that have CCW. In this case, it would be intentional, and would allow the system to prosecute you for it. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that you would be intentionally inviting harassment from law enforcement and putting ordinary citizens in the un-necessary position of calling LEO to report a CCW violation. Doesn't matter that you may have your phone in there instead of a weapon. Plus, you might just tick off the officer who has better things to do such as actually making a police presence available in an area that they are really needed as opposed to responding to a call for somebody pretending to violate the CCW law. If I'm that LEO, I'm arresting you for anything I can think of at that point, such as interfering with an officer in the performance of his duties. On the subject of open carry, personally, I don't understand why anyone would even consider it, as opposed to concealed. IMO, it invites someone who might be high on drugs and feeling like superman to attempt to sneak up on you and steal your weapon or to shoot you from behind prior to attempting to assault or rob you, or the fact that they know you have a weapon, and get the drop on you, and dis-arm you while holding you at gunpoint. If it's concealed, at least you have a chance to pull on them when they least expect it. If you're going to carry, do it the way your state's law requires it. Guns are not for playing games. If you're not serious about following the law as it is written, you give us all a bad rap, and provide more ammunition for the gun control nuts out there. Just my two cents.

If the gun isn't visible it's concealed, BUT, if your not in an OC state I'd still expect problems.

I was trying to make a point . The gun inside this holster is concealed. No one can see it. Can I use this holster as bag for my note pad and pen in collage? For my camera and wallet while in a mall? .....rather than walking on the street with open carry rifles, just put one of this with you cel or iPod inside.....
    you'll be making your point on the way to jail, it is people like you who make life tough for the rest of us "normal" concealed carriers

Talking Do your own work.

I have an idea, just came to me in a flash of true insight. How about if you test your own theories and strap that puppy on and go shopping so you can find out first hand what peoples and LEO's reactions get you.
    ~
    Let us know if and when you have access to the internet. OK. Sounds like a great experiment for Javy, what U say fellow participants.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

It all would depend on the state you wore it in, as far as the "legalities" go, even though all of them are UnConstitutional... (gun laws)

I think it would be interesting to do as you say and carry something else in it in a non-friendly environment.... Make sure you are not otherwise armed, not even with a knife if you want to try it... Might prove a point or two if you are "in" to that sort of thing... It is 100% within your rights to do so if you want to... even if others (including myself) dont think it is a wise thing to try.... (my aversion to it is not enough of a point to try to make vs the hassle you might get from the cops, a cost/reward type thing)

This world would be awfully boring if we all were the same....

Dont worry about the naysayers on here... most of them dont have the guts to do ANYTHING except belittle anyone or anything not like what they prefer...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    It all would depend on the state you wore it in, as far as the "legalities" go, even though all of them are UnConstitutional... (gun laws)

I think it would be interesting to do as you say and carry something else in it in a non-friendly environment.... Make sure you are not otherwise armed, not even with a knife if you want to try it... Might prove a point or two if you are "in" to that sort of thing... It is 100% within your rights to do so if you want to... even if others (including myself) dont think it is a wise thing to try.... (my aversion to it is not enough of a point to try to make vs the hassle you might get from the cops, a cost/reward type thing)

This world would be awfully boring if we all were the same....

Dont worry about the naysayers on here... most of them dont have the guts to do ANYTHING except belittle anyone or anything not like what they prefer...
    why would anyone advocate someone blatantly violate the law? in FLA where the OP claims to be from carrying in that holster not concealed by a cover garment is against the law.
    Isn't advocating breaking the law against the TOS on the forum?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast