Yes Illinois!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yes Illinois!!!

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee

Thumbs down Reciprocity?

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Now Illinois needs to set up reciprocity with other states and also allow non-resident permits.

There are currently fifteen states that honor Illinois CCW. Illinois honors NONE. I urge those fifteen states to cancel their reciprocity with Illinois if there is no true reciprocity. I will continue to boycott Illinois until they join the current century.
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ramsey View Post
    As someone who holds an Arkansas CCHL which is good in 40 states and every state I go to or through with the single exception of ILL.... I sure hope it's soon. I carry every minute of every day unless I'm at work or in bed and it pisses me off to disarm and make my legal carry non-operable and locked in a case to travel through ILL which I do frequently traveling from AR to IN.
    You can get to Indiana from Arkansas without going through Illinois. At West Memphis, AR, go north on I-55 to I-155 into Dyersburg, TN, then north on US. 51 to the Pennyrile Parkway (US-51/Proposed I-69) through Western Kentucky. There are numerous roads that will take you north into Indiana. If you follow I-69 to I-65, you will be due south of Indianapolis. By following this route, you can boycott Illinois and spend your money without having to disarm.
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly

Quote Originally Posted by David W. Barrow III, JD View Post
    Actually Illinois has "safe passage" which allows an out-of-state permit holder to remain armed while driving through the state. If you stop you MUST immediately unload your firearm and store it securely (I THINK the glove box or center console will do).
    Let me begin by saying that I am not a lawyer, but I would urge you to study this "SAFE PASSAGE" thing a little closer. Illinois would just love to give you free room and board on the felony charge of carrying a concealed weapon. The ONLY safe way to transport a firearm through Illinois is with the firearm locked in a safe area of the car (trunk) preferably in a locked case, with the ammunition located elsewhere in the vehicle.

Everyone should email the Governor of Illinois and suggest reciprocity and non-resident permits.

Quote Originally Posted by David W. Barrow III, JD View Post
    I have read the law. After considering the 26 places you won't be allowed to carry - I wonder where you can. If I were wanting to carry I would certainly want to do so in parks and public transit.

The thing that would really scare the hell out of me is the provision in Sec. 25(c) which requires the applicant to WAIVE ALL PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES UNDER ALL FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS.

In view of the above and the $300.00 non-resident fee and the fact that I only drive THROUGH Cook County I think I'll pass on getting an Illinois permit. I would think that neighboring states will have reciprocity soon.

David W. Barrow III, J.D.
    While I agree that it wouldn't be prudent for a non-resident to get an IL permit for the reasons you gave, my question to you is why do you assume neighboring states will have reciprocity soon? I live in a state with six bordering states. Only one of those bordering states has reciprocity with us and that was just enacted about 6 or so years ago. It's also why I got a UT non resident permit and picked up two other states. But I still have 3 of 6 that I do not have reciprocity with while carrying two permits.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Stevenson View Post
    This is going to be an on going battle, because Quinn will be dreaming up all kinds of new crap for the next session. We have to stay in our Senators and Reps faces on this.
    Why NOT GET RID OF QUINN. Over all it would be better for the citizens of Illinois, right.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Everyone should email the Governor of Illinois and suggest reciprocity and non-resident permits.
    Do you ever read the thread you are posting to at all? Illinois has non-resident permits for $300 a pop, as far as reciprocity a safe passage for non-residents traveling through the state exists but is really restrictive.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Yes we have safe passage. If you stop pistol (unloaded) may go in case (glovebox center console) with loaded magazine next to it but not in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using USA Carry mobile app

10. Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Now Illinois needs to set up reciprocity with other states and also allow non-resident permits.

Why would they do that when they can say no reciprocity and require an IL non res permit at $300 a pop?

Reciprocity just ain't gonna happen... It's all about the $$$$$$

Sent from my phone (which explains all the typos), using the USACARRY app.

Quote Originally Posted by bobqdevon View Post
    Why would they do that when they can say no reciprocity and require an IL non res permit at $300 a pop?

Reciprocity just ain't gonna happen... It's all about the $$$$$$

Sent from my phone (which explains all the typos), using the USACARRY app.
    Could not agree with you more. The IL lib-o-rats have found a cash cow and they will milk it for ALL they can!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast