Yes Illinois!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes Illinois!!!

1. Yes Illinois!!!

This is going to be an on going battle, because Quinn will be dreaming up all kinds of new crap for the next session. We have to stay in our Senators and Reps faces on this.

Ok slap yourself on the back and maybe lift one tonight but be ready because gov jello and the chiraq boys will not give up. So be ready for round two.

He lost round one, wouldn't be a good time to start a recall ?

I have a lot of family and friends who live in Illinois who have been waiting for a VERY long time for this. When they get it all sorted out and start the classes there will most likely be a line to get into the classes that will stretch around the block and then the wait for the card itself will be a while also. I do not think I will apply there because they want $300 for a non-resident and I do not want to give that state my hard earned money so they can waste it!

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I have a lot of family and friends who live in Illinois who have been waiting for a VERY long time for this. When they get it all sorted out and start the classes there will most likely be a line to get into the classes that will stretch around the block and then the wait for the card itself will be a while also. I do not think I will apply there because they want $300 for a non-resident and I do not want to give that state my hard earned money so they can waste it!
    I've had an easier solution... I don't visit either, therefore I don't need a permit from them. When I've gone vacationing across America, IL never seems to make it on the list of places to see.

I'm happy for your friends and family and hope they continue to fight the good fight, since their governor will not end this fight.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Their law still blows but it is much better than they had. I congratulate them for overcoming odds I never thought I would see in that state.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Now Illinois needs to set up reciprocity with other states and also allow non-resident permits.

It's a start and congrats. Just now wondering how onerous it'll be. AND ya think taxes are high there???? What are permit fees going to be and how many hoops do you have to jump through?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

11. Non-Resident permits are going to be available at 300.00 for 5 years.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast