How would you handle this situation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you handle this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    We actually practice a similar scenario. The idea is to carry your wallet on the opposite side from your firearm. You take the wallet out and fling it at the BG's face. That will distract him just long enough for you to draw and fire. Even when you know it's coming, it's impossible to not instinctively protect your fact.
    You would throw your wallet in the face of some holding a gun to your head? Sounds like a good way to get killed to me. He's not going to drop his gun to cover his face from a wallet, he's probably going to flinch and blow your head off.

Blog Entries
    Yeah if someones got a gun to your head, you don't really have much of a choice unless he's distracted.

We actually practice a similar scenario. The idea is to carry your wallet on the opposite side from your firearm. You take the wallet out and fling it at the BG's face. That will distract him just long enough for you to draw and fire. Even when you know it's coming, it's impossible to not instinctively protect your fact.
    Not for the first time, I must comment "YOU'RE AN INSTRUCTOR???" I hope you are teaching people that as a last resort if you think they will kill you anyway this is something to keep in the back of your mind. Otherwise you are teaching them how to be "hero's" (or martyrs) by instructing on how to get the drop on the BG and you're gonna get someone killed over a wallet and a car. Remember, we react as we train.

Don't pull over when the car flashing lights is not an official police car.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Don't pull over when the car flashing lights is not an official police car.
    Yup. Call 911. Cops hate impersonators. That will be the one time they show up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Not for the first time, I must comment "YOU'RE AN INSTRUCTOR???" I hope you are teaching people that as a last resort if you think they will kill you anyway this is something to keep in the back of your mind. Otherwise you are teaching them how to be "hero's" (or martyrs) by instructing on how to get the drop on the BG and you're gonna get someone killed over a wallet and a car. Remember, we react as we train.
    I don't teach it. It's a scenario and technique, nothing more.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I never said I taught it and if you paid attention you would also have noticed I'm an NRA instructor only. In your rush to sound intelligent, you missed details and made faulty assumptns as a result. The only thing you succeeded in doing was make yourself look like a total jerk, in my eyes. That haste and lack of attention to detail gets people killed in CQ situations.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

JSDinTexas Guest
    Not a Black and White? I keep going - if they are real, you will eventually see 5 or 10 of them following you. May take a little explaining and very careful non-threatening movements on my part while they are verbally extracting me from the vehicle with guns pointed, but may be worth it, and better than some punk getting the drop on me with a nervous finger on the trigger.
    But bottom line - there is no pat answer.

I actually carry and practice with a drop wallet/money holder with about 10 bucks in it. Good Luck.

I have actually had an encounter with a "fake officer" once. We were on the turnpike about 2 miles from the Eldorado Service Area, and had a car problem. Pulled over.... and I was down beside the car opposite the roadway, and would have been difficult to see. Someone driving by would have only seen my now Ex, standing there. A car pulls up, has light bar, emblem on the side (looks legit), etc. He gets out and comes back to talk to her, and I pop up.... He stutters a bit, and then sees my guns sitting in the car... and instead of saying or asking me anything about it...... he starts getting "nervous", and suddenly instead of being "helpful" like he had told her... seems to want to leave (has no time ) and I took a look at the tag and #. The tag was ALL wrong for any officer's car in Kansas, or County that I've seen ... he had said he was a Butler Cty Sheriff's Deputy. Plus, I'm wondering what he's doing on the turnpike. He leaves quickly.
    About 5 minutes later, a Ks Hwy Patrolman pulls up. I asked him about it, and he dismissed it... worried I get the car off the turnpike, etc. Then I told him again ..... that he was a Butler Cty Sheriff's Deputy, but everything was just all wrong and didn't feel right. He listened, then asked me what he was driving. He made a radio call to see if any Butler Deputies had been in that area at all .... NONE ... ZIP ..... had been in that area. He told me no deputies drive that kind of vehicle (Ford Bronco). Radio started getting more than busy, with other cars saying they had notified the Butler Cty Sheriff & they had cars out checking the area, other Hwy Patrol were headed there, etc. That's when he told me, a car fitting the exact description had been stopping women, and raping them, and that they had been trying to catch this guy... and he acted, dressed, etc. like he was a police officer. So, they were getting cars in the area and searching for him.
    >
    I asked him, "well , you want the tag # ? " . The look on his face was choice. He put that out and two officers radioed they were headed to the address of the owner of the car that had that tag. Anyway, we worked on the 'car issue' and had a tow coming, and he and I got to talk a bit more. Then he gets called on the radio, they have some conversation, and he comes back to me ... and tells me "they got him.... we've been looking for him a long time and it's him.... car was in the garage, light bar, fake uniform, etc. just as you described, and he's NOT an deputy or police officer", and he fit the description of the guy who had been committing the rapes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast