How would you handle this situation?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you handle this situation?

1. How would you handle this situation?

Just curious how you would handle this situation.
    Man Robbed At Gunpoint By Fake Cop

Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    Uh, give him my wallet, keys, cell phone, and walk away.

hmm, let look at this logically.
    Give him the keys...ok.
    Give him your wallet? (with your ID, name and home address). better to just try to give him your money in the wallet.
    Give him the cell phone...ok.

Walk away from the car as instructed. This one is a gamble you can be shot or maybe not.

it is hard to make a an assumption after the fact.
    Invest a Day at the Citadel, learn to be safe forever.
    www.citadelinstitute.com

Blog Entries
    Probably pretty much how the man in the story did.
    The gunman had the drop on him, unless the car was still running and in gear there just aren't a lot of options that don't end up with the victim being shot.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

This MO is known among LEO's and most will tell you that if you are being stopped in an area that you don't know and don't feel safe stopping there. You need to turn on your emergency flashers (as acknowledgement) and continue driving at a slow speed to a well lighted publicly active spot or a police station before stopping.
    ~
    Will you have some explaining to do, yeah. Will you be safer, you bet. If the stop is legit take your ticket and thank the officer and apologize for any inconvenience you may have caused him.
    ~
    This course of action has been televised during interviews with LEAs because of persons safety being threated from this MO.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Thanks for the post. Glad I read the article as I live about 80 miles from there.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Unmarked car not stopping till I drive to a public place, police station, any attempt to stop my truck will get you wrecked, if he has the drop give him my money. Followed by bullet if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Unmarked car not stopping till I drive to a public place, police station, any attempt to stop my truck will get you wrecked, if he has the drop give him my money. Followed by bullet if possible.
    Exactly. If he has a gun in your face, any attempt to draw will probably get you shot. But if you can wait until he looks away or is distracted for a second, seize the moment.

I would of walked away towards cover and concealment, took cover and begin to open fire every round I had on me into him and his car.

Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    We actually practice a similar scenario. The idea is to carry your wallet on the opposite side from your firearm. You take the wallet out and fling it at the BG's face. That will distract him just long enough for you to draw and fire. Even when you know it's coming, it's impossible to not instinctively protect your fact.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast