Illinois Car Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois Car Carry

Re: Illinois car carry
    When carrying a gun in Illinois you must separate the ammo from the weapon. Both are to be locked up but separately. Illinois is slow to change there laws. Hopefully they will be forced too, soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tim DeKock View Post
    Ok, I looked around on the net and haven't seen anywhere the info I'm looking for so here I am. I'm traveling through Illinois to Indiana and I want to take my firearm. I have my CCW, with the new law for Illinois is it safe to keep my gun in my vehicle loaded and concealed or should I lock it up unloaded? Basically I want to know if the law is enacted or not for car carry. Any info would be nice. Thanks
    You must unload the gun and store it in a case in the trunk and separate from the ammo. Illinois will not honor any other states CCW. IL wants everyone to have to pay $300 for a non-resident CCW. A judge recently denied a petition that would allow people to carry while the State Police sets up the program to issue permits. The State Police has up to 6 months to get it set up. Trust me when I say that the State Police will take the FULL 6 months and then ask for an extension!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lender77 View Post
    Re: Illinois car carry
    When carrying a gun in Illinois you must separate the ammo from the weapon. Both are to be locked up but separately. Illinois is slow to change there laws. Hopefully they will be forced too, soon
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    You must unload the gun and store it in a case in the trunk and separate from the ammo. Illinois will not honor any other states CCW. IL wants everyone to have to pay $300 for a non-resident CCW. A judge recently denied a petition that would allow people to carry while the State Police sets up the program to issue permits. The State Police has up to 6 months to get it set up. Trust me when I say that the State Police will take the FULL 6 months and then ask for an extension!!!!!

Separation of gun and ammo is not required. See the link in Post #10 above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12