Carry in my car in Arkansas

Thread: Carry in my car in Arkansas

1. Carry in my car in Arkansas

I have my CHCL. So I drive to work every day. Park behind my building in an alleyway. I am not allowed to carry in my building.
    What does the law say about how I am to store my gun in my vehicle while I am in the office building 50 feet away during work hours?
    Thanks

If you have a CH permit, you prob should already know this or at least know where to find it

4. Carry in my car in Arkansas

Thanks for the helpful response.

Quote Originally Posted by fearhd View Post
    If you have a CH permit, you prob should already know this or at least know where to find it
    You have a driver's license probably? Can you tell us the limit as to how far in front of your vehicle low beam headlights are allowed to shine and the maximum brightness they can be?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1960 View Post
    I have my CHCL. So I drive to work every day. Park behind my building in an alleyway. I am not allowed to carry in my building.
    What does the law say about how I am to store my gun in my vehicle while I am in the office building 50 feet away during work hours?
    Thanks
    I don't see anything in Arkansas statutes or administrative rules that specifies anything about handgun storage in an unoccupied vehicle. I would use a chained or bolted down safe in an out of sight location if it was me.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

You may want to check Handgunlaw.us to see if they have any notes about it on the Arkansas page, as well as the one here on this forum.
    >
    You may want to also go into the "by STATE " section of this forum and post this question in the area for Arkansas.... that's also where you will find some info on Arkansas laws, etc.
    >
    Here , if we really can't find anything... we call the State Hwy Patrol office, because they are always up on the laws better than anyone for the State.

Are you able to carry in Arkansas in your vehicle? I would assume the answer would be yes since you say your are a CHCL holder. Therefore, you are able to carry your gun on you in your vehicle. Your question specifically asks if you can leave it in your vehicle.

I totally get why you would want to do this since your work building disallows the carrying of it. The question then remains, how do you store it in your vehicle. I will answer it with another question. Do you want it stolen? I'm sure the answer is no. Therefore, don't store it in the cabin, but store it in the trunk as if you were doing interstate travel through some of the more liberally minded states (ammo separate).

I'm not an expert on Arkansas law, but if there is no law on something, then it is legal to do so. Read your section on firearm laws form Arkansas and if there is no mention about locking your firearm in your vehicle while you are away, then it is legal to do so, since there is no law against it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)