I don't get it! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it!

1. Quote Originally Posted by fearhd View Post
    Simple questions. If you have a CHP for your state how do you not know your states laws and how do you lose your CHP license of its suppose to be with your DL? Just sayin
    I'm with you, I shake my head in disbelief at some of the questions that get asked. But: (1) Either they didn't have to take a course, which in Ohio covers the law. (2) They slept through class (3) They didn't make an effort to research it on the internet.

3. I don't get it!

Well obviously YOU are a card carrying member of MENSA, since apparently only in your state are the laws written in specifics to cover every conceivable variant. How nice it must be for you.

In Kansas, we have a Drivers License and a separate CCL. They look the same as a card with special copy protection. They are not dependent upon each other, In my case, since I live alone and drive almost everywhere, I always have both. But, I could take only my CCL with me if I was walking and carrying. As stated, different states have different procedures and I suppose some states might even have a paper CCL that must be carried with the DL, much like we have a fishing license.

-----As far as knowing my state's laws, before receiving a CCL, we have to take an 8 hour course from a state certified instructor that discusses handgun laws but also, handgun operation and safety rules. Also, the state Attorney General posts all Concealed Carry laws on their web site. I think other states do not require knowledge of state laws before CCL is issued. Frankly, since the lack of knowledge of state CCL laws could lead to felony charges for a person and felony charges could lead to loss of any right to own a firearm and have all mine confiscated, I would much prefer to make sure I understand my state's laws.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Blog Entries
    Most states that issue a concealed weapons permit (insert your acronym here) issue them separate from your driver's license. They may ask for your DL# on your application but they are separate, you can lose one and not the other. Constitutional Carry is another show altogether and yes I agree that you shouldn't need a permit at all if you can legally buy a firearm. Yes, I teach CCW, CHP whatever. People often ask me why I believe in Constitutional Carry since I teach the mandatory class in NV. Easy answer: That is not the only class I teach and responsible people will seek training, regardless. At the very least your concealed permit from your home state should be good everywhere like your DL. They all basically use the same source for the background check, it's only logical to me.

As for the laws of your state. Instructors should stay up to date and teach the current laws to the best of their knowledge. But laws often change, it is up to you the armed citizen to stay abreast of the current laws of your state and any state in which you intend to travel. Laws vary widely from state to state and city to city..etc. A state you intend to visit may honor your permit but may have totally different laws concerning self-defense, modes of carry...etc. For example, open-carry may be legal in your home state and printing may not be a big deal. In another state that honors your permit, even slight printing could easily get you a brandishing charge.
    "Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead."_Aristotle
    http://berkbru.wix.com/dstglv http://berkleybruce.blogspot.com/

If some of you miss read the one the questions I apologize. How do you lose your permit if you keep it with your DL? Isn't that the best place for it?

Quote Originally Posted by fearhd View Post
    If some of you miss read the one the questions I apologize. How do you lose your permit if you keep it with your DL? Isn't that the best place for it?
    How do you lose or forget your gun somewhere? And yet that happens somewhere in the country at least once a year. In perspective, losing the license isn't that big of a deal.

Simple questions. If you have a CHP for your state how do you not know your states laws and how do you lose your CHP license of its suppose to be with your DL? Just sayin
    If this is for real and CHP means "concealed handgun permit" and the english and spelling are corrected, the answer is very simple: "STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES"

CHP, CHL,CCW. Ok let's do this. Everyone type where your from and what you call it so we can be PC on here so no ones feelings gets hurt

10. Quote Originally Posted by fearhd View Post
    I would assume they would lose their permit/license that allows them to conceal some type of firearm/weapon the same way they lose their driver's license.... maybe I'm being too simplistic.

My driver's license is in one of the more open slots of my wallet with credit cards. My CPL (Concealed Pistol License) is tucked away in the space behind those slots.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I don't keep my license and my permission slip in the same sleeve in my wallet, if that's what you're asking. I keep the permission slip in a different part of the wallet because I have no duty to disclose that I'm carrying, and don't want anyone, from the cops to the DMV examiner to someone checking my ID when I write a check seeing my permission slip when all they need to see is my license.

And I'm just curious, but looking at your avatar, are you saying you keep your driver's license with your copy of the Constitution? How's that working for you?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast