.380 ACP: is it good enough or no? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 ACP: is it good enough or no?

Because I got a few likes, here's a picture of my new toy.
    .380 ACP: is it good enough or no?-naa-mini-1987.jpg
    Paid $75 for it, has a .22LR and .22WMR cylinder. Made in '87, not fired since '90 and never cleaned.
    I took it to the range and put 50rds of LR and 50rds of magnum without a problem, so it's reliable. I did clean the heck out of it after that.
    I put the quarter in there for size reference.
    Chief

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmc View Post
    .380 was the self defense/murder weapon of choice here in Idaho awhile back. Killed the man deader than a door nail with two shots.
    Soviets used the makarov to murder millions. Makarov is the same as .380. I want one sooooo bad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Paid $75 for it, has a .22LR and .22WMR cylinder. Made in '87, not fired since '90 and never cleaned.
    I took it to the range and put 50rds of LR and 50rds of magnum without a problem, so it's reliable. I did clean the heck out of it after that.
    I want one!

Any facts behind your speculation?
    I am not going to play your silly little game.
    I couldn't give a rats ass what you choose to carry.
    it is my opinion that are there there are better options than a .380

Quote Originally Posted by Danmc View Post
    .380 was the self defense/murder weapon of choice here in Idaho awhile back. Killed the man deader than a door nail with two shots.
    do you think that makes a .380 a gun that you are going to bet your life on? a .22 short has killed people as well, it the military it's called a golden BB, I need more than a golden BB

This is what I'm trying to find used if possible. It's about the same size, just a longer barrel and grip.
    .380 ACP: is it good enough or no?-1860c-side.jpg
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    This is what I'm trying to find used if possible. It's about the same size, just a longer barrel and grip.
    .380 ACP: is it good enough or no?-1860c-side.jpg
    They have those at my local gun shop. I thought they were cigarette lighters at first! :) They do online sales, but their website isn't very user-friendly (very old style, poor search etc.) but a great store none-the-less. Just search Bob's Guns in Norfolk VA (Granby St). I didn't check to see if they were regular stock guns or if they were consignment, but I can ask if you'd like. They could probably give me a catalog number or something to assist in finding it on-line if it's a stock item.
    edited:
    Looking at the pic I saw it was from NAA as well. Here's the link to that gun, and you can search for a local dealer.
    http://northamericanarms.com/firearm...-conv-cyl.html

They have those at my local gun shop. I thought they were cigarette lighters at first! :) They do online sales, but their website isn't very user-friendly (very old style, poor search etc.) but a great store none-the-less. Just search Bob's Guns in Norfolk VA (Granby St). I didn't check to see if they were regular stock guns or if they were consignment, but I can ask if you'd like. They could probably give me a catalog number or something to assist in finding it on-line if it's a stock item.
    edited:
    Looking at the pic I saw it was from NAA as well. Here's the link to that gun, and you can search for a local dealer.
    North American Arms 1860 EARL REPLICA 4" BARREL AND CONV CYL - 1860 Magnums The Earl, Sheriff, Hogleg - Firearms
    Thanks very much! I'll try the website first and see how that goes.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

.380 ACP: is it good enough or no?

Please see this video of a 380 ACP on a hog head....http://youtu.be/8NfS9owxPiU

Howdy,

I have an old AMT Backup single-action and I use a custom loaded 115gr JHP that is a +P+ loading. It will expand about .42 -.45" and will penetrate over 12" even in the super short barrel of the AMT.

I haven't carried it since I bought a Kel-Tek PF-9 9mm.

The PF-9 is slightly bigger but lighter than the stainless steel AMT, and a standard 115gr JHP is so much more powerful than a .380acp round.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast