Are you sure this is still considered Conceal Carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Are you sure this is still considered Conceal Carry?

  1. From my understanding of concealed carry, as long as the profile of the firearm is not discernible, then the firearm is considered to be concealed. Of course, this might vary by jurisdiction.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    If I carry a knife in my front shirt pocket and you can't see it, is it concealed?

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western South Dakota
    Posts
    1,021
    Going by the response from the licensing official - I want to know what is the actual wording of the concealed requirement in YOUR laws. Is there actually a prohibition of holsters as he states, or is that an interpretation.

    In my locale, concealed just means the gun is not visible to ordinary view. That case hides the gun and does not give any specific clue that there's a gun inside. It would be properly concealed here.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    Here is a link to Bulldog Holster pouch I purchased for my S&W Bodyguard .380

    It fits just right in the pouch, it draws just like this video shows but lawfully. My question is is this absolutely Conceal Carry? Thanks for your thoughts.

    regardless of whether you asked or not, that rig will get you killed in a real SD situation

  6. I been wearing since Monday in and around the office. Thus far, no one has said a thing about, asked about or even gave it a second look. I had a long conversation with one of my patients, a recently retired ( 2 months ago) retired city police detective of 33 years about this. He said that this is concealed and he would not have a problem with this at all. He also stated that only about 20% of LEO's are gun friendly, that is they accept with no issues, someone besides LEO's carrying a loaded firearm. The other 80% are understanding to the law but do not really like it.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    My question wasn't "is this for you" or "do you like the draw". It was - is this absolutely Conceal Carry? I don't care whether you like it or not. I work in an office situation where I am sitting a lot and have to get up and down throughout the day. IWB are not comfortable. There are a few similar to this like this one that is: Attachment 9991
    I am glad you pointed out what your question was. Amazing how many people can't stay focused to the question. I am sure they were well intentioned.
    In seeing the video I was also concerned about the extra manipulation but I was not going to mention that but just answer your question. Well if I did mention it, it would be after answering your question. So here was what I would have said if I didn't get side tracked.
    CC stands for "Concealed Carry" Is the gun "concealed"? Yes! I personally don't care what anyone "Thinks" is it that little case. Or in a "Fanny Pack" Or maybe in a woman's purse designed for CC. If anyone thinks that this form of carry is not appropriate because "everybody knows" what is in there, then I will gladly bet them the deed to the farm that they can not tell me what is in my _____ fill in the blank, "holster" of this type. You can guess but you really don't know!
    My point that it is CONCEALED! That should meet the legality of any state laws concerning concealed carry. No part of the gun is showing or printing.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

  8. #17
    Worthless. I have one that came with my Taurus. Worthless because: Only uses a clip, not belt loops, way too big and clumsy, stupid way to draw, everyone would know it's a gun in it. Mine's only good for the trash can.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    Worthless. Worthless because: Only uses a clip, not belt loops,
    Mine has a belt loop and I took off the clip so it's snug against the belt.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    I been wearing since Monday in and around the office. Thus far, no one has said a thing about, asked about or even gave it a second look. I had a long conversation with one of my patients, a recently retired ( 2 months ago) retired city police detective of 33 years about this. He said that this is concealed and he would not have a problem with this at all. He also stated that only about 20% of LEO's are gun friendly, that is they accept with no issues, someone besides LEO's carrying a loaded firearm. The other 80% are understanding to the law but do not really like it.
    That is a terrible percentage of LEO acceptance, but I see your location. Around here (northwest Arkansas) I'm going to guess that 80% fully support CC. I've not run into a LEO that doesn't like it, but I'm sure they are out there. Our own Sheriff teaches CHCL classes and WANTS all the citizens armed, who are qualified. He is a standup family man, tough on criminals, and a helluva Sheriff. He knows that CHCL holders are some of the most law abiding citizens in his county. His name is Kelly Cradduck.

    Anyway, back to those type holsters. They do look legal, but I wouldn't wear one because I prefer instant draw conventional holsters OWB, or IWB. I prefer my Nate's Custom Holsters OWB, and Nate Squared Pro IWB, for my sidearm. As earlier commented, the muzzle sweeps everyone. This is unacceptable to me. Just my opinion, everyone's got one. The one shown where the muzzle faces down would be much safer.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    My question wasn't "is this for you" or "do you like the draw". It was - is this absolutely Conceal Carry? I don't care whether you like it or not. I work in an office situation where I am sitting a lot and have to get up and down throughout the day. IWB are not comfortable. There are a few similar to this like this one that is: Attachment 9991
    I would wear this, if it was all I had at the time, although not ideal, but getting closer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast