Concealed Carry & Conversing with Liberals - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry & Conversing with Liberals

1. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    statements like that often make me question their sexuality. it's a very butch thing to say, no?
    She is divorced twice, so I'm not sure which way she goes now!

3. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    arguing with a libtard is just like trying to teach a pigeon how to play chess, no matter what you do the same thing always happens, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, then he crap on the board, calls you a racist and then flies away.
    I'm stealin' this!

It is a wonderful thing to earn an "atta boy"

problem is... one "aw chit" is worth 1000 "atta boys"...

But then...

Changing the mind of just one anti gun liberal, while definitely a very labor intensive endeavor, is worth 100 billion "atta boys".

I have a new daughter in law who is very conservative and so his her husband. She is absolutly in love with George W Bush.
    When I first got my CHCL here in Arkansas, she was telling my wife and me how she dislikes her friend's husband because he carries a gun like he's a cop.
    I told her I have a CHCL and carry a gun but I don't think I'm a cop.
    She asked me why do I do that.
    I told her, if we were attacked wouldn't you want me to protect your mother?
    She said, Of course I would!
    I said, well I guess you have your answer.
    Conservative doesn't always mean pro gun.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I have a new daughter in law who is very conservative and so his her husband. She is absolutly in love with George W Bush.
    When I first got my CHCL here in Arkansas, she was telling my wife and me how she dislikes her friend's husband because he carries a gun like he's a cop.
    I told her I have a CHCL and carry a gun but I don't think I'm a cop.
    She asked me why do I do that.
    I told her, if we were attacked wouldn't you want me to protect your mother?
    She said, Of course I would!
    I said, well I guess you have your answer.
    Conservative doesn't always mean pro gun.
    And there you have the hypocrisy of it all... liberal or conservative... when confronted with a criminal with a gun most anti gunners will run to hide behind whoever, LE not, has a gun to shoot back.

I don't argue or debate the issue. Given my occupation, I am probably the only gun owner and carrier among my department. They know I am a veteran, know my thoughts on it, know I carry everywhere else but work. I think, most of the time when I may be around them elsewhere, they simply ignore the fact, which is fine. When at a conference once, one said something like "At least you're not carrying now" and I simply smiled.

I will not debate or argue it with them - there would be no chance of changing their views. I state the facts and move on.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    I don't argue or debate the issue. Given my occupation, I am probably the only gun owner and carrier among my department. They know I am a veteran, know my thoughts on it, know I carry everywhere else but work. I think, most of the time when I may be around them elsewhere, they simply ignore the fact, which is fine. When at a conference once, one said something like "At least you're not carrying now" and I simply smiled.

I will not debate or argue it with them - there would be no chance of changing their views. I state the facts and move on.
    While in Wal-Mart this past Sunday a woman I worked with who I have not seen in six or so month started to give me a hug but first she asked which side my gun was being carried. I informed her and she hugged me. Good to have understanding coworkers and friends.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Quote Originally Posted by JacobSMcClain View Post
    So I got my CCW permit about a month ago and after a short adjustment period I have been carrying regularly for a week and a half now. I think the best part of carrying thus far has been the conversations I've had with some liberal friends. I spent nearly 2 hours talking with a friend while we attended some outdoor festivities. Guns and gun laws came up at some point and he knows we dont agree on the topic (or hardly any topics for that matter) but we always have very civil discourse about many issues. He was expressing how absurd it is that all of these knuckle dragging, uneducated, racist rednecks want to carry a concealed weapon "putting everyone around them in danger". I responded merely by saying that he has no idea who carries and that it may be people he least expects, many of whom are not knuckle dragging racist rednecks.

Now my favorite part of this entire time was that we were together for about 4 hours that night and he had no idea that I had a glock 19 on my hip the entire night. I find it so very interesting that he knows I own guns and has even gone to the range with me a time or two, but he just assumes I would never carry because I don't fit his preconceived notion of what a person who carries is like.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences?
    You'd be surprised at how quickly you'd turn into a all knuckle dragging, uneducated, racist redneck in his eyes if he found out about your Glock. Clothes may not make the man, but, in the eyes of most liberals possession of a gun does...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

I'm a Black, liberal ex-Democrat.

I don't feel as though I owe violent criminals anything, either my money OR my life.

Most of the self-described "liberals" whom I see attacking firearms ownership, and especially concealed carry and self-defense are either criminals, friends or relatives of criminals, or have grown up in and live in highly sheltered environments.

What I find especially interesting are people who simultaneously call for repressive gun controls while ILLEGALLY owning firearms. This seems quite common in places like Apartheid Chicago.

There is a heavy dose of racism mixed in with anti-gun advocacy. You see it largely in two groups:
    1. White anti-gunners who essentially view all Black people as at best, dangerous "children", or worst as animals. To them, we need to be disarmed "for our own good". Many of them are self-identified "liberals" who take a demeaning and patronizing view of Black people as their mental and moral inferiors. It's amazing the things that some "liberals" will say in front of you if you're not obviously Black...
    2. Black criminals, hangers on of criminals, and those who profit off of criminals. Look at the repeated inferences that somehow it's NORMAL to use your fists in response to being "disrespected" (however you perceive it) and that Trayvon Martin had a RIGHT to savagely beat George Zimmerman. The "idea" is that when a Black person does something violent and stupid, it's society's duty to protect the AGGRESSOR rather than the victim. Given the percentage of Chicago City Council members who have criminal associations, have done prison time, or who have friends and relatives who are criminals, it's hardly surprising that they'd support gun control. It's self-preservation and protection of their friends, relatives and associates.

I won't play those games, and won't hesitate to embarrass somebody for doing so in my presence.

Stupid, malicious people, of all colors, fill me with contempt.

Good post Dean!! The only other thing I could add is that liberals are not content that if they do not like guns then they will not own one. Liberals MUST make sure no one else owns one also. If a Conservative does not like guns then he will not own one and could care less if his neighbors owns one!!!!!

Perhaps you are not as liberal as you think. I have found that most liberals live their lives as Conservative's!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast