Concealed Carry & Conversing with Liberals - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: Concealed Carry & Conversing with Liberals

  1. #31
    if a normal person doesn't like a TV show he doesn't watch it
    if a libtard doesn't like a TV show he demands that it be taken off the air
    if a normal person doesn't like smokers he leaves the area
    if a libtard doesn't like smoking he demands that ALL tobacco products and their users be banned from existence
    if a normal person doesn't like soda or any other food he doesn't ingest it
    if a libtard doesn't like soda or any other food he makes it illegal to sell them
    if a normal person doesn't like the concepts of church or god he doesn't go on sunday
    if a libtard doesn't like like the concepts of church or god he demands that every reference to god and the bible be removed entirely from the world
    if a normal person doesn't like guns he doesn't buy or use one
    if a libtard doesn't like guns he demands that all guns be banned and that his rights trump everybody else's rights

    get the picture? there is no compromising or pleasing a libtard except for except their way of looking at things.
    liberalism IS a mental illness

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by colbycheese View Post
    I think the false assumption that all people that are self-described liberals are anti-gun, or anti-concealed carry is just that... a false assumption. I am a firearm owner, and a CCW peermit holder. I conceal carry whenever I legally can. I hunt. I'm an NRA member. I also happen to be a progressive (like Teddy Roosevelt, remember him?) and a registered democrat. The sentiment that only far-right conservatives support gun rights is absurd. Not everybody walks lock-step with their political party of choice. There are plenty of democrats that support the 2nd amendment. That's why the NRA doesn't hand out it's endorsements down party lines. The only people that can help change the democratic party are people like me. I support democratic candidates in primaries that are pro-gun. I also work hard to have civil conversations with people who didn't grow up around guns. You can't change people by labeling them, and saying their wrong. You have to have a conversation and help them see a topic from your point of view.
    There is a problem with voting for "pro gun" Democrats. That is, they are Democrats first and pro gun second. As demonstrated in far too many votes in DC, Democrats are not masters of their own positions and often are told they must vote with "the party", lest they lose support of "the party". The Democratic Party platform is not pro gun. Therefore any Democrat is a potential gun control yes vote. A wolf is still a wolf, even if he has not eaten your sheep.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobSMcClain View Post
    So I got my CCW permit about a month ago and after a short adjustment period I have been carrying regularly for a week and a half now. I think the best part of carrying thus far has been the conversations I've had with some liberal friends. I spent nearly 2 hours talking with a friend while we attended some outdoor festivities. Guns and gun laws came up at some point and he knows we dont agree on the topic (or hardly any topics for that matter) but we always have very civil discourse about many issues. He was expressing how absurd it is that all of these knuckle dragging, uneducated, racist rednecks want to carry a concealed weapon "putting everyone around them in danger". I responded merely by saying that he has no idea who carries and that it may be people he least expects, many of whom are not knuckle dragging racist rednecks.

    Now my favorite part of this entire time was that we were together for about 4 hours that night and he had no idea that I had a glock 19 on my hip the entire night. I find it so very interesting that he knows I own guns and has even gone to the range with me a time or two, but he just assumes I would never carry because I don't fit his preconceived notion of what a person who carries is like.

    Has anyone else had any similar experiences?
    My best friend of 35 years is a bleeding liberal attorney who packs a PX4 .40 Beretta. He might be liberal in his social views but he's hard core in his views on the right to protect yourself.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United Socialist Republic of New York
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
    There is a problem with voting for "pro gun" Democrats. That is, they are Democrats first and pro gun second. As demonstrated in far too many votes in DC, Democrats are not masters of their own positions and often are told they must vote with "the party", lest they lose support of "the party". The Democratic Party platform is not pro gun. Therefore any Democrat is a potential gun control yes vote. A wolf is still a wolf, even if he has not eaten your sheep.
    This couldn't be more true. We saw all of the pro gun Democrats hide and cower when Feinstein went on the attack and many thought it was a pro gun victory. It was not. We learned that the Democrats will not vote anti-gun on a stand alone bill for fear of reprisal at the polls. They will do anything to stay in office.

    They use slimy tactics all the time. While they won't vote overtly for an anti gun bill, what they will continue to do is continue to erode our civil liberties and add anti gun bills to other must pass legislation. They have used this tactic in the past with many other issues and disguise their anti gun agenda and voting record.

    A Democrat is a Democrat just like a wolf is a wolf.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGJOHN621 View Post
    This couldn't be more true. We saw all of the pro gun Democrats hide and cower when Feinstein went on the attack and many thought it was a pro gun victory. It was not. We learned that the Democrats will not vote anti-gun on a stand alone bill for fear of reprisal at the polls. They will do anything to stay in office.

    They use slimy tactics all the time. While they won't vote overtly for an anti gun bill, what they will continue to do is continue to erode our civil liberties and add anti gun bills to other must pass legislation. They have used this tactic in the past with many other issues and disguise their anti gun agenda and voting record.

    A Democrat is a Democrat just like a wolf is a wolf.
    What about Toomey?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    statements like that often make me question their sexuality. it's a very butch thing to say, no?
    Wow, I never thought of it like that. She might just be jealous. Maybe she should carry a big one!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    What about Toomey?
    He is one big disappointment! Might just have to vote for any third party running against him next time!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,275
    Howdy,

    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    statements like that often make me question their sexuality. it's a very butch thing to say, no?
    +1! I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure very ....... oh, never mind.

    Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

  10. #39
    Yes.... I have. Several of us meet once a year at one place, from different parts of the country that everyone lives in now. We have campfires at night, etc. And, at one event, the discussion got started. Now, they know my background in the legal system, and that I dealt with a lot of the worse types of cases. I worked with only violent crimes, murders, etc. So, they knew this. I got out of it at one point in my life and changed careers. As it went along, someone asked me... "well, would you carry a gun now ? " . I jokingly asked, after all of the things you know I've seen, do you need to ask that ? They asked, "are you carrying now".... and I responded, "there has not be a day you've known me or been around me that I haven't had a gun on me".
    >
    This concerned a few people. So, for about the next 3 nights.... around the campfire.... I sat back and watched them as they all debated the pro's and con's for hours. I didn't make a lot of input. By the 3rd night, they had not only convinced themselves it made sense, but some of them decided when they got back home they were going to apply for a CC license. At first, they said all of the same anti-gun stuff and there's no reason to carry a gun discussion that I've heard numerous times that people make. What was interesting to me, was watching them actually "discuss it", and without any prodding come to that conclusion.
    >
    I think when most people stop and think logically, actually discuss the 'fact's & what's going on in the world every day, and really are honest.... rather than spouting out some pundit's garbage, they get there.
    >
    the really funny part, the 4th and 5th night they spent discussing what guns would make the best conceal carry guns.

  11. Two things bother me: 1) that most people on this forum seem to assume that there are no "libtards" on the forum, and 2) that most of you seem to think that liberals don't carry guns. I'd like you folks to reconsider your opinions. I am both liberal and a gun owner. I have a concealed carry permit, and I do carry a gun. I'm not the only so-called liberal to do so.
    I live in North Carolina, and I disagree with a lot of the current politicians, however I agree with the very recent changes to our gun laws, which I think most of you would agree with, too. Don't lump all liberals together, and I won't lump all conservatives together. Look for the things we have in common.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast