Concealed Carry & Conversing with Liberals - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: Concealed Carry & Conversing with Liberals

  1. I'm new to these forums and haven't posted that much, if at all, up until now. After reading this thread I have to share something because it truly drives me nuts.

    Let me start by saying that I love my wife very much. She's a great mother of my the children as well. That being said, she is very much a liberal and I am conservative. We have a great marriage, but we obviously differ on politics 15000%. I carry multiple firearms at work every day, as well as own my fair share at home too. Being stuck in NJ, I'm stuck only being able to get non resident CCW's from other states. I recently signed up for a Utah CCW class next month so I can start carrying when I go out of state. She does not agree with me as to why I need this. I have tried to explain to her that it's my right, as well as others, to protect themselves as well as others and thats why I need it. She disagreed. Then I thought I was making some headway when I made points about law enforcement not being there when needed but arriving after. Then I said something about shooting someone that tried to attack her or my kids or myself and how I wouldn't even bat an eye before pulling the trigger. She said what about the consequences? After telling her that if it's legal and I'm within my right to defend, there will be no consequences. Then we got taking about shooting someone and how she believes that everyone should get in some trouble for killing someone. So of course I used the most severe case and said, "so if someone busts into our house and tries to hurt us and I shot them dead, you want me punished? " and she said "yes, I think that you should have to pay for your actions." She then said "I would kill someone to protect our kids too but then I think I should be punished too so it's not just you." I promptly told her she was f ing out of her mind and if the day came, and I hope it doesn't, I hope she says something other than thank you because I'll be on my way.

    Sorry for that being really long and not really having a point but I had to vent lol.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    Actually, I DO think there should be SOME laws about purchasing/owning/receiving handguns.
    What about shotguns? Rifles? My point is that I am a strict Constitutionalist, and if you read the Federalist papers that explain the motive and theory behind our founding documents, there is no ambiguity.
    -
    1. The bill of rights ALL pertain to personal freedoms endowed by our creator. To argue that the 2nd was put in place to regulate a militia is absurd.
    2. There is no ambiguity in the statement "shall not be infringed".
    3. Every gun law written has been to appease some group of people that were scared of guns, and is an infringement.
    4. No law written will keep a crazy or felonious person from obtaining a gun, so what do they actually accomplish?
    5. Concealed Carry was an appeasement to the gun-scared so they don't have to look at them.
    6. Background checks do not prevent criminals from getting guns.
    7. Fees for licensing, background checks etc. line the coffers of the government.
    -
    What would you consider a better crime preventer, having every citizen armed or the false beleif that you are keeping guns out of the hands of the "wrong" people.
    Chief

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    In short, I read the new NC bill the day after the governor signed it. Actually, I DO think there should be SOME laws about purchasing/owning/receiving handguns. Is that a "liberal" only viewpoint? I don't think so. You don't know me and I don't know you----the venom of some if these posts insults the intelligence of ALL people.
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is the operative verbiage, and this is what sets you apart from a true patriot

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by njlungbuster View Post
    I'm new to these forums and haven't posted that much, if at all, up until now. After reading this thread I have to share something because it truly drives me nuts.

    Let me start by saying that I love my wife very much. She's a great mother of my the children as well. That being said, she is very much a liberal and I am conservative. We have a great marriage, but we obviously differ on politics 15000%. I carry multiple firearms at work every day, as well as own my fair share at home too. Being stuck in NJ, I'm stuck only being able to get non resident CCW's from other states.
    could you elaborate on the legality of your carrying a weapon in NJ? I lived there a long time and the few times I did carry there I was in violation of the law

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    In short, I read the new NC bill the day after the governor signed it. Actually, I DO think there should be SOME laws about purchasing/owning/receiving handguns. Is that a "liberal" only viewpoint? I don't think so.
    I don't think so either. There are far too many people who claim to be conservative who agree with you. So no, it's not only a liberal viewpoint, but it is decidedly an anti-2nd Amendment viewpoint. Unless, of course, you can show the clause in the Constitution or the 2nd Amendment that says that fundamental, unalienable, God-given rights require permission from government before citizens can exercise them. Because I know you can't show anything approaching such an absurd notion, your fealty to big, nanny-state government is coming through loud and clear, and that is no less liberal than the RINOs who agree with you.

    Besides, there are SOME laws about purchasing/owning/receiving handguns. More than 20,000 on the books as a matter of fact. NICS is one of them, only it doesn't control private party transfers, so you're not happy with it. Not enough government control of private people for your tastes. Your own brother or father can't gift you a gun or bequeath you a gun in their will without government permission, yet you claim to be a gun-rights-supporter. You are nothing more than a big government shill, just like every other leftist. It's not me saying it, it's the things you say that reveal that truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    You don't know me and I don't know you--
    Oh, I know all I need to know as far as whether or not people like you should be trusted to help me protect my rights. Definitely, you should not be. You want to participate in limiting my rights, by your own admission.

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    --the venom of some if these posts insults the intelligence of ALL people.
    Typical leftist, collectivist twaddle. If someone has intelligence to begin with, nothing I say could insult it, and instead of whining about what I say, they'd come back with counter-point that could not be intelligently defeated. Too bad you failed to do that, because you insult your own supposed intelligence in that failure.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #66
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    Concealed Carry & Conversing with Liberals

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstonebeach View Post
    Here in Delaware, we know that permitted carriers have been through rigorous training. Open carriers, we're not sure, and watch them like a hawk. You never know.... are they broke, are they not able to pass the background check, are they sane, or just lazy? Or don't they have the gumption to go through the steps that lead to being cleared and permitted. Don't know about you, but I am proud to have the privilege to carry OC or CC, as I see fit. Sorry about you.
    Holy sh!t.. There is WAY too much stupid in this post to even begin!
    Have fun with your permission slip!
    You are another one who I thank God has NO say in who is allowed to carry a firearm!

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    i both open and conceal carry at the same time. libtards like my dad ramble about my oc gun which makes me giggle. if they only knew what is in my pocket...

    btw, my dad, the child abuser, became a pacifist (which i find freakin hilarious because he refuses to fight, not even for his wife!!!! lmao what a man) shortly after i made my spectacular and violent revolt which backfired on me and put me in foster care.
    Tricolor...I often wonder how many others had my experiences as a child. My friends in grade school signed my year book "Happy Beatings". I wasn't his only target. He had a wife and 4 other kids to beat down as well. It was tough listening to my mother get her face bashed in at 2 o'clock in the morning when I was about 8 years old. He was a violent drunk! It wasn't all bad but who the hell remembers anything good about childhood when the childhood was all about staying alive. This crap went on in the 50's. Today, if he were still alive he would be in a state prison somewhere. He lived to be about 84 years old and managed to get himself a burial in Arlington National with full Military Honors. Even got himself a Meritorious Service Medal as well. Just goes to show that darkness truly resides in the heart of a man unless that man is man enough to stand against the darkness and face the light. No more preaching!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    could you elaborate on the legality of your carrying a weapon in NJ? I lived there a long time and the few times I did carry there I was in violation of the law
    The legality of carrying at work? Because it's my job to have multiple weapons while at work, pistol and ar15. I'm an armed responder at a nuclear power plant. As for concealed carry in NJ, never have and probably never will because this state blows. Sorry if I confused you. This state unfortunately doesn't accept anyone's CCW.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by njlungbuster View Post
    I'm new to these forums and haven't posted that much, if at all, up until now. After reading this thread I have to share something because it truly drives me nuts.

    Let me start by saying that I love my wife very much. She's a great mother of my the children as well. That being said, she is very much a liberal and I am conservative. We have a great marriage, but we obviously differ on politics 15000%. I carry multiple firearms at work every day, as well as own my fair share at home too. Being stuck in NJ, I'm stuck only being able to get non resident CCW's from other states. I recently signed up for a Utah CCW class next month so I can start carrying when I go out of state. She does not agree with me as to why I need this. I have tried to explain to her that it's my right, as well as others, to protect themselves as well as others and thats why I need it. She disagreed. Then I thought I was making some headway when I made points about law enforcement not being there when needed but arriving after. Then I said something about shooting someone that tried to attack her or my kids or myself and how I wouldn't even bat an eye before pulling the trigger. She said what about the consequences? After telling her that if it's legal and I'm within my right to defend, there will be no consequences. Then we got taking about shooting someone and how she believes that everyone should get in some trouble for killing someone. So of course I used the most severe case and said, "so if someone busts into our house and tries to hurt us and I shot them dead, you want me punished? " and she said "yes, I think that you should have to pay for your actions." She then said "I would kill someone to protect our kids too but then I think I should be punished too so it's not just you." I promptly told her she was f ing out of her mind and if the day came, and I hope it doesn't, I hope she says something other than thank you because I'll be on my way.

    Sorry for that being really long and not really having a point but I had to vent lol.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    First and foremost, welcome to the forums and we hope to hear a lot more from you and your experiences with firearms.

    Secondly, where in the world did you find any common ground with this woman to date her, let alone marry her? LOL... I mean that while smiling and being jovial, but I actually do wish to know how you saw past that much lunacy. If someone is attacking her children with deadly intent and she stops it by killing the BG, she wishes to be punished???? That is THE most absurd thing I have ever heard. I feel for you brother.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  11. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    First and foremost, welcome to the forums and we hope to hear a lot more from you and your experiences with firearms.

    Secondly, where in the world did you find any common ground with this woman to date her, let alone marry her? LOL... I mean that while smiling and being jovial, but I actually do wish to know how you saw past that much lunacy. If someone is attacking her children with deadly intent and she stops it by killing the BG, she wishes to be punished???? That is THE most absurd thing I have ever heard. I feel for you brother.
    I wake up some days and wonder the same thing lol. Honestly, she's a great woman, but like all woman, she doesn't make a damn bit of sense sometimes. When she said it I have to say that I had to have her repeat it again because I laughed so hard. I know she's just a sheep along with the rest of the left side, but I really thought she was kidding at first because how dumb it sounded. After she honestly told me she was serious about what she said, I didn't know what to say. The only words I could get out of my mouth was "well if the day ever comes that I need to protect you, me, my children, or even someone else on the street from deadly force and it ends up going through a court to ensure I did so justifiably, I bet you'll stand by my side. And if I'm wrong, I know there are millions of other people around the world that will."

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast