Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit

Get a CCW permit in every state you can. Only way to really have good coverage. Maybe someday all permits will be good in all states?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
    What happens to folks who are touring the country in an RV when they happen upon Nevada and more importantly, the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia?

I know they can't carry concealed. Do they just hide the gun and all ammo and hope for the best?

If they happen to be involved in a traffic accident, and a local LEO happens to see them transferring the gun & ammo, do they get arrested and thrown under the jail?

I wish the AZ sheriffs would run a service where the guns could be stored with them, (for a fee of course) during the sojourn in both Nevada and Kalifornia.
    Wow... a little bit of extra drama concerning Nevada. The only thing in Nevada it is illegal to do without a recognized permit that you can do with the permit is conceal the firearm on your person. So, to answer your question about Nevada, just tuck your shirt in behind the gun rather than over the gun. How difficult is that?

NRS: CHAPTER 202 - CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY

NRS 202.350  Manufacture, importation, possession or use of dangerous weapon or silencer; carrying concealed weapon without permit; penalties; issuance of permit to carry concealed weapon; exceptions.
    1.  Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 202.355 and 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, a person within this State shall not:

(d) Carry concealed upon his or her person any:
    (1) Explosive substance, other than ammunition or any components thereof;
    (2) Dirk, dagger or machete;
    (3) Pistol, revolver or other firearm, or other dangerous or deadly weapon; or
    (4) Knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. I apologize for coming off as a "drama" queen. But even the section you linked didn't speak to what I'm most concerned about. The fact is, I don't plan to have a gun on me most of the time in my travels across country. The reason I want a concealed permit is so when I travel, is I don't want to run afoul of any state law. And yes, I know I'll have to study every state I plan to go through in my travels to pick up on any differences from Virginia, my home state.

I stilll have some investigating to do for Nevada WRT to having guns in the cabin of my pickup as we travel, and in the travel trailer when we are stopped, the same as the other states I travel through.

What do you know about California? Are they are draconian WRT guns as their reputation says they are?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Wow... a little bit of extra drama concerning Nevada. The only thing in Nevada it is illegal to do without a recognized permit that you can do with the permit is conceal the firearm on your person. So, to answer your question about Nevada, just tuck your shirt in behind the gun rather than over the gun. How difficult is that?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
    What do you know about California? Are they are draconian WRT guns as their reputation says they are?
    California requires the gun to be unloaded and in a locked case, or locked exterior compartment of the vehicle. Ammo can be in same locked case or compartment. Once the travel trailer is set up as a stationary domicile, you should be able to keep the handgun loaded inside the trailer, but outside the trailer it has to be unloaded and in a locked case. And you still must abide by the 10 round magazine capacity limit in all circumstances in California.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I got my Arizona specifically so I could carry in NV. Needless to say I won't be renewing. I have my OR and WA as well and that's good enough for my purposes.
    Same with me. I only got my Arizona permit so I could carry in NV and now it is no good there. Just great!
    NRA Life Member

7. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

So correct me if I'm wrong you can do open carry?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12