Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit

1. Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit

I got my non resident Arizona Concealed Weapons permit today. I got it to compliment my resident Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit.

I need the AZ permit in order to legally carry concealed in Georgia and Alabama, plus a couple of other states.

Have mine also. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
    I got my non resident Arizona Concealed Weapons permit today. I got it to compliment my resident Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit.

I need the AZ permit in order to legally carry concealed in Georgia and Alabama, plus a couple of other states.
    You have to be careful with that. You still can't LEGALLY carry a loaded firearm on public property within 1000' of the premises of a school in any state but Virginia and Arizona (where your permits are from) because it violates Federal law, 18 USC 922 (q)(2) [with a few other exceptions which rarely apply]. Most people carrying on an out-of-state permit will ignore the Federal law and carry their firearms illegally in the Federally defined school zones anyway. I will neither confirm nor deny what I choose to do outside Washington state.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. When I said legally, I certainly meant where legally permitted.

As it is, without the AZ permit, I couldn't legally carry any place in either GA or AL.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You have to be careful with that. You still can't LEGALLY carry a loaded firearm on public property within 1000' of the premises of a school in any state but Virginia and Arizona (where your permits are from) because it violates Federal law, 18 USC 922 (q)(2) [with a few other exceptions which rarely apply]. Most people carrying on an out-of-state permit will ignore the Federal law and carry their firearms illegally in the Federally defined school zones anyway. I will neither confirm nor deny what I choose to do outside Washington state.

6. I have mines also, it's a shame that NV. took them off of there list to carry.

7. It is a shame. That creates an unplug-able hole.

Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit

I got my Arizona specifically so I could carry in NV. Needless to say I won't be renewing. I have my OR and WA as well and that's good enough for my purposes.

You have to understand Nevada (I live here). Our "Assembly" meets every other year for a few days in the spring. The rarely accomplish anything, but always seem intent on tinkering with gun laws. They definitely don't "play well with others". That's why most of the CC community here has a Utah non-resident permit as well.
    G'Day and G'lock

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    You have to understand Nevada (I live here). Our "Assembly" meets every other year for a few days in the spring. The rarely accomplish anything, but always seem intent on tinkering with gun laws. They definitely don't "play well with others". That's why most of the CC community here has a Utah non-resident permit as well.

I thought it was the NV Sheriffs Assoc that kept screwing with the reciprocity list.

11. What happens to folks who are touring the country in an RV when they happen upon Nevada and more importantly, the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia?

I know they can't carry concealed. Do they just hide the gun and all ammo and hope for the best?

If they happen to be involved in a traffic accident, and a local LEO happens to see them transferring the gun & ammo, do they get arrested and thrown under the jail?

I wish the AZ sheriffs would run a service where the guns could be stored with them, (for a fee of course) during the sojourn in both Nevada and Kalifornia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast