Next gun to buy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next gun to buy

The Shield is very nice, I was thinking about one myself, luckily there's a shop I know of that never runs out of them. So I rented on at my range and shot it mag for mag with my PF9, sadly there was no real difference there the exact same size and shoot near identical. Yes, it's a little more refined and I would like one but can't rationalize the extra money even if I sell the PF9. But since you got rid of yours, I'd say go for it. I say everybody needs a full, mid, small and REALLY small gun. Gotta be ready for anything. I don't buy into that dressing around the gun crap.

I have both the M&P 40 Compact (10 rounds) and the M&P 40 Shield (waited 9 months last year to get it in January 2013). They're both excellent firearms; easy to handle, accurate and I have had ZERO issues. The Shield is certainly easier to conceal in a wider variety of clothing, but the M&P 40 Compact is a very very nice gun to shoot. I'd rather shoot the 40 Compact than the 9mm Compact. I'll be totally honest, I never carry the Compact 40, it's strictly a home gun. I carry a Kahr MK40 or a 4" barrel 1911 in cooler weather and the Shield 40 or Ruger LCP in warmer weather. Shot the Ruger LC9 and didn't much care for it. Also shot an FNH 40 which was not near as nice as the M&P line. Have you ever considered a revolver? I hadn't in the beginning, but I really like my S&W 686+ 3" 357magnum. I usually take it hiking in the mountains.

Go for the full size M&P .40 cal! 15+1 rounds if total fun!
    Real sweat shooter!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

5. EDC Glock 32 .357 Sig. Next gun for BOG: Sig Sauer P938 Extreme.

6. Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    Now that you have a carry gun that you like and willing to carry have you considered something in the full size range? Or are you trying to get more carry options? Tough decisions, I know.
    Exactly many things I want but, don't have the money to fuel my desires. So it's a piece at a time I have pretty much every size covered but full size. I like the medium and small frame guns easy to conceal. I don't plan on ever open carrying at least for now and to me that is what a full size would be for. I have a medium size 9mm and a medium size .40 a Sig P250 but to bulky plus I really like striker action pistols. I am not a big revolver fan for carrying. Before I get beat up thatís my opinion God bless if you like revolvers it is a personal thing. I do carry one but, only because of my predicament as I said I live in the Peopleís Republic of NJ so, when I enter a state I can carry itís just easier to load up a revolver. I canít have the magazineís loaded and in a separate box from the gun. The empty mags canít even be in the ammo box they have to be separate. Sucks yea I know thatís why I just load up my 7 round revolver itís easy. So back to the post I want a medium sized pistol in .40 or .45. Prayerfully in another year I will not have to worry about this nonsense anymore I plan to move back home. A lot of things would have to happen for next year but, I am trying.

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Exactly many things I want but, don't have the money to fuel my desires. So it's a piece at a time I have pretty much every size covered but full size. I like the medium and small frame guns easy to conceal. I don't plan on ever open carrying at least for now and to me that is what a full size would be for. I have a medium size 9mm and a medium size .40 a Sig P250 but to bulky plus I really like striker action pistols. I am not a big revolver fan for carrying. Before I get beat up that’s my opinion God bless if you like revolvers it is a personal thing. I do carry one but, only because of my predicament as I said I live in the People’s Republic of NJ so, when I enter a state I can carry it’s just easier to load up a revolver. I can’t have the magazine’s loaded and in a separate box from the gun. The empty mags can’t even be in the ammo box they have to be separate. Sucks yea I know that’s why I just load up my 7 round revolver it’s easy. So back to the post I want a medium sized pistol in .40 or .45. Prayerfully in another year I will not have to worry about this nonsense anymore I plan to move back home. A lot of things would have to happen for next year but, I am trying.
    I hear ya. I was taking a philosophy of use angle. Possibly consider a full size for your home security option/training/spare/introducing shooting to a friend etc. I know, train with what you carry but a back up is always nice too. Have you looked at the Glock 30 SF? If I were in the market for a medium size pistol in .45 this is what I would seriously consider. If you're not a Glock fan then the Springfield XDM 3.8 in .40 or .45 is a super shooter. Good luck getting out of NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    So back to the post I want a medium sized pistol in .40 or .45.
    Personally, I like the M&P line of weapons over the Springfield, Ruger, Glock and others. My M&P 40 Compact is very nice and I am quite accurate with it. It's my favorite Polymer handgun. In a 45, I like all steel, and the Kimber Pro Series is my choice. It seems people either love their Kimber or hate them. I've had two different Pro size (4") Kimbers and I had no problems with either of them. Got rid of the first one, upgrading to a higher end model. I've heard a lot of people happy with the new Ruger 5" barrel 1911 and they just came out with a 4.25" barrel model recently; I would imagine it is equally as good. I am considering taking a look at it, but I would like an all black one, which they do not manufacture, yet; keeping my fingers crossed.

9. Maybe a MP 40 for me or a kimber solo for wife

Sent from my LG-P999 using USA Carry mobile app

10. Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    Good luck getting out of NJ.
    Thanks I'm working on it and yes I am a Glock fan the first striker action pistol I bought was the G19. I will look into the 30SF the guy at my LGS who sold me the XDS mentioned it to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesie1 View Post
    Maybe a MP 40 for me or a kimber solo for wife

Sent from my LG-P999 using USA Carry mobile app
    Wow! an MP 40 is a nice gun There is a lot of difference between an MP 40 and a Kimber solo.
    mp 40 - Bing
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast