Next gun to buy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next gun to buy

1. Next gun to buy

As some of you may or may not know I traded my Kel Tec PF9 for an XDS in 45ACP. A couple of other guns I was kicking around at the time were the Nano, S&w Shield along with the Kahr CM40. I am very happy with my choice. Very manageable gun handles better than my Kel Tec. Now I have 1 permit left and here in New Jerkistan we have to apply for permits it takes about 3 months to get a permit to purchase. It used to take 3 weeks either way to long but, I don’t know if it’ll go back to 3 weeks so, putting the permit I have left to use. To the point of the post I still have an eye on the Shield think I pretty much ruled out the Nano and CM40 but, instead of the Shield I like the compact M&P in 40 and am considering the Ruger SR40c but don’t hear too much about the Ruger. Opinions on both are welcome thanks in advance.

Work at the largest gun store in my sight and are two hottest items are the xds and m&p shield for carry. If you already have the xds go for a full size gun like the m&p or check out an NFC or cz 75. Czs are the hidden gem in the gun industry and everyone I've introduced them too sold their beretta 92 and bought one.
    You have small carry don't need a medium carry, full size fun shooting is what you need

I just bought a Taurus P111G2 in 9 & was surprised how light it is. Had to wait almost 3 mos to get it cause nobody around could get them. They were sold b4 the gun store even got them. Shoots great but is a little finicky about what it shoots.

Sorry about living in NJ. The people are great...it's the politics (starting with that donut Eater of a Gov ). I have a Ruger Sr40c. I have had it since Nov 2012. I must have run about a thousand rounds through it. Have had about 3-4 stovepipes, but I think that was due to my being new and limp wristing. Mine was bought new $399.00. The only drawback is that the slide was hard to charge. It is now getting much easier. I find it a great EDC.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

I have the Ruger SR40c as does my son-in-law. We both think it is a great carry pistol and with the 8 round magazine it is good to go in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. It is my main EDC.
    Next gun to buy-7386647986_1e2c34447d.jpg
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose. - Frederick Douglass

7. Kennydale thanks for your condolences. I am originally from PA yea I know what was I thinking. I'll give NJ two shout outs - I found people who lead me to the Lord and the schools besides that I can't wait to get back home.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye638 View Post
    I have the Ruger SR40c as does my son-in-law. We both think it is a great carry pistol and with the 8 round magazine it is good to go in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. It is my main EDC.
    Next gun to buy-7386647986_1e2c34447d.jpg

It is still 15 rounds here at least for now.

Don't see how you can go wrong w/ a Ruger. I have the P345 have had it for about 5 yrs, it never fails to go BOOM when I pull the trigger. It's a little heavy for CCW but I still carry it.

Now that you have a carry gun that you like and willing to carry have you considered something in the full size range? Or are you trying to get more carry options? Tough decisions, I know.

Take a look at the Glock 36.They fit my hand perfectly.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast