A lesson in what not to do. Flint Man arrested for carrying a gun into a theater - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A lesson in what not to do. Flint Man arrested for carrying a gun into a theater

I'd bet it wasn't 'armor' but a load bearing vest, most people don't know the difference. But it would make the average citizen extremely nervous. Appears he was charged for the phony ID.

3. 1. I've open carried in a couple local theaters many times, never a problem. Of course it was just a gun in a holster on my belt, otherwise I looked just like everyone else.

2. Only real law enforcement officers can use badges and IDs to get out of tickets/arrests/investigations. Fake ones only lead to more charges.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    Most places, a sign posted saying no guns on this private property is legally binding.

In Oregon, a private property owner may elect to deny access to their property by those in possession of a firearm. If they tell you to leave and you don't, you're trespassing. And we do have the crime of trespass with a firearm in Oregon, which is weighty enough to cost you your CHL.

Yeah, and this shouldn't be a problem, I would be glad to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk1950 View Post
    Nothing in the Michigan gun laws preventing carry in a theater. Only thing close is entertainment facilities seating more than 2500.
    It cracks me up when I see laws like that, they really do make so much sense.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by docbas View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not legal to concealed carry in a theater in Michigan.
    Please site law

Thanks a lot...as if things aren't bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    What? Illegal? Anyone have the law to post? Gun control at it's worst.
    Heres the quote directly from the Michigan website. I will post a link as well

(f)An entertainment facility with a seating capacity of 2,500 or more individuals that the individual knows or should know has a seating capacity of 2,500 or more individuals or that has a sign above each public entrance stating in letters not less than 1-inch high a seating capacity of 2,500 or more individuals.

Link for a complete list of places where a CPL carrier can not carry a firearm concealed or other wise as stated by Michigan law.
    Michigan Legislature - Section 28.425o

However there is no place in Michigan law that states movie theaters are a no carry zone.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Please site law
    Michigan Legislature - Section 28.425o

(f)An entertainment facility with a seating capacity of 2,500 or more individuals that the individual knows or should know has a seating capacity of 2,500 or more individuals or that has a sign above each public entrance stating in letters not less than 1-inch high a seating capacity of 2,500 or more individuals.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123