Vehicle Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vehicle Carry

1. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    This quote and probably some of the others are assuming or definitely know that their state law allows such a rig/holster. In SC, for example, if the firearm is not CC ON YOUR PERSON, it must be secured in your glove box, console or trunk. Methinks "side of center console" leaves room for confiscation or arrest depending on the discretion of the LEO.
    That is correct. It's perfectly legal for my to carry this way in the state of Nebraska. I also have a small gun safe that I keep underneath my seat if I do plan on leaving my gun in my vehicle without me in it.

3. the main thing is know your state laws. SC aside in NC, it can be out of reach and covered it is OK., but it can be in reach and visible then you are OK. in VA it can be in a container, and in sight you are OK. check with the laws in you state for your laws

With the crime rate escalating everywhere...my Sig stays in my IWB holster. If something happens on the road, I don't want to be reaching in a glove box or somewhere to get it. With a pistol stashed in the car/truck...there's always a chance of a break in or someone else getting their grubby hands on it. Going into a building where I can't take it, I have a safe location where I can retrieve it and stick it back into the holster when I come back. Best location in a vehicle is on you. Just watch location of seat belts.

Quote Originally Posted by PattonTC View Post
    With the crime rate escalating everywhere...my Sig stays in my IWB holster. If something happens on the road, I don't want to be reaching in a glove box or somewhere to get it. With a pistol stashed in the car/truck...there's always a chance of a break in or someone else getting their grubby hands on it. Going into a building where I can't take it, I have a safe location where I can retrieve it and stick it back into the holster when I come back. Best location in a vehicle is on you. Just watch location of seat belts.
    have you ever tried accessing your IWB weapon while seated in a car? it isn't very fast or easy.
    that said a rig that makes the gun more accessible while driving is not a bad idea except that some states require guns be out of sight regardless of what permits you may hold.
    If I am in a high risk situation, like using a drive up ATM, I take my gun out of it's holster and place it where it can be grabbed in an instant.

6. I like a cross draw holster which is comfortable while driving and still with me if I get out. Glove box and center console is not legal in some states.

7. I use the Air Marshall 3 by Kangaroo Carry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    have you ever tried accessing your IWB weapon while seated in a car? it isn't very fast or easy.
    that said a rig that makes the gun more accessible while driving is not a bad idea except that some states require guns be out of sight regardless of what permits you may hold.
    If I am in a high risk situation, like using a drive up ATM, I take my gun out of it's holster and place it where it can be grabbed in an instant.
    Aircommuter says it in his reply and I can attest to the fact that one of the benefits of a Remora holster is the fact that I can adjust it when I am in car and have it in a accessible position that is comfortable and still meets the CC on person requirements of the State of SC. If this is a problem that you take seriously, it shows that there are options for comfort and accessibility that still maintain CC on person standards in states that require same. Try internet search and I'll bet a bunch of options appear.

vehicle access

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    Agreed, access can be tricky IF seatbelts are not taken into consideration. Yes, I have had to clear leather seated in my car. Best(for me) is to carry it cross draw at 10 o'clock while seated, or move my rig slightly forward to clear the seat belt...but normally my King Tuk rides at 3 o'clock, keeping the slight bump under my arm and loose shirt. My KT rig is designed for a 45 cal, as no KT holster is as yet made for my Sig 938, but I have altered the holster and it works fine and the weapon locks in with a sold click and withdraws easily. SC is touchy in regard to out of sight, but my system seems to work OK. At ATMs, I am very aware of the surroundings and have my shirt unbuttoned at the lower end to insure very fast access but since I have a small car, my preference is to stand in front of the ATM and use my left hand or have my Sig tucked into my belt right at the buckle.

don't know how the double phrases got into my post....weren't there on viewing. sorry!
    Last edited by PattonTC; 08-21-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: not needed

11. Vehicle Carry

I've tried cross draw but I still end up squirming to get comfortable. I don't want to put holes in my vehicles to mount something. As far as concealing vs open view, that's all of our responsibility to know when you enter another state. I have focused recently on the vehicle holster by Gum Creek. It secures my firearm right in front of me, it can be used in all my vehicles, I can conceal it when I have to & it's reasonably priced. Is anybody out there currently using one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12