Vehicle Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Carry

1. Vehicle Carry

Curious to hear what others do or use while in a vehicle. I'm particularly interested holsters and/or rigs for off body carry. I drive an F150 would like to mount something for quick access.

Howdy,

The problems with "vehicle carry" is that unless the gun is very secure it will be:

1.) bounced around in a wreck.

2.) Easily stolen

3.) Not with you when you stop to get gas, go inside the store, drop by the crack house, etc.

4.) Hard to get to during a carjacking if its properly secured.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

There's a holster that hooks on lower dash under steering wheel at cabellas easy to remove and put on your person when getting out and in easy reach while in the car

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

The problems with "vehicle carry" is that unless the gun is very secure it will be:

1.) bounced around in a wreck.

2.) Easily stolen

3.) Not with you when you stop to get gas, go inside the store, drop by the crack house, etc.

4.) Hard to get to during a carjacking if its properly secured.

Paul
    in addition depending on what state you are in there could be legal issues with a weapon being mounted in plain sight

G-code holsters has a vehicle set-up. Looks pretty good but luckily in my Accord I have a nice little console under the heating controls. A lite push and the door pops open and there it is

I drive a Jeep Wrangler, so if I feel the need to take it off my person, I set my pistol either in the lockable console between the seats or in one of the cup holders in front of it if I think I might need it in a hurry. If I'm in the passenger seat of someone else's car, I usually just pop it in the glove compartment as long as they are cool with that. As far as off-body carry, it's not my thing, but a lot of people seem to really like the Safepacker by Wilderness Tactical Products, or those deals that look like a day planner or portfolio. For security if you HAVE to leave it in the vehicle, there are a number of manufacturers of the "car vault"-type locking boxes that vary in size and placement (i.e. under dash, under seat, etc.), but the ones I have looked at online appeared to me to be terribly expensive for what they are.

I also have an F150. I made the rig in the following link.
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/trave...tml#post194629

I'm going to be starting a business making these soon.
    i don't want to violate any forum rules, so send me an email or pm if you have an interest or questions regarding me making you one.

The one pictured is my original prototype. I now have correct rivets and get better impressions.

9. I just rigged up my very first kydex holster for my vehicle this afternoon. It's not a refined holster like you'd have if you planned on carrying one, but it holds my gun in place while driving long distances. Estimated cost: $3.50. I just taco molded it to the gun and screwed it into the side of my center console.

I use a Desantis Kingston.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by ridgewayn2 View Post
    I just rigged up my very first kydex holster for my vehicle this afternoon. It's not a refined holster like you'd have if you planned on carrying one, but it holds my gun in place while driving long distances. Estimated cost: $3.50. I just taco molded it to the gun and screwed it into the side of my center console.
    This quote and probably some of the others are assuming or definitely know that their state law allows such a rig/holster. In SC, for example, if the firearm is not CC ON YOUR PERSON, it must be secured in your glove box, console or trunk. Methinks "side of center console" leaves room for confiscation or arrest depending on the discretion of the LEO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast