Tuckable holsters

Thread: Tuckable holsters

Tuckable holsters

Anyone have any thoughts on how to make the daunting task of tucking a shirt around a holster easier?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Learning View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on how to make the daunting task of tucking a shirt around a holster easier?
    May we assume that you're talking about a holster that's made to have a shirt tucked around it? If not, then the first step would be to acquire one. If so though, I don't understand what is "daunting" about tucking around a tuck-designed rig?

Blues

Practice, practice, practice. I felt like I was all thumbs when I got my Cleveland Holster. Took almost a week of daily wear before I started getting good at tucking the shirt quickly and efficiently.
    EDC - Glock 19
    Glock 17, Glock 21, Glock 23, Glock 30SF

Howdy,

Tuckable holsters are tuckable but not drawable.

A couple a years ago at a gun show a man was bragging about the CB Supertuck and how great they were. To make a long story shorter..... I place a 20oz Diet Pepsi and a Sneakers bar on the table and when another man said "Go!" I was able to unscrew the lid on the bottle and take a drink, set the bottle down, pick up the candy bar and take a bite, sit it down and was picking up the Diet Pepsiwhen he finally got his plastic pistol out in a shooting position.

I did this in a casual manner, not at hot dog eating contest speed.

Plus with the CB ST and the guys shirt tucked in it looked like he had a HUGE tumor growing on his side.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

I wouldn't recommend carrying IWB if you expect to be a quick draw expert. You should practice enough so you can draw fast enough to defend yourself. If you are after quick draw, carry open. Tuckable IWB is defense carry and last resort if you can't avoid a confrontation. IMHO
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The Remora Tuckable with no reinforcement is a great little holster and not real expensive.

8. I find a tuckable with a single belt loop/hock easier than one with 2. But my CrossBreed is the most comfortable holster I have!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Tuckable holsters are tuckable but not drawable.

A couple a years ago at a gun show a man was bragging about the CB Supertuck and how great they were. To make a long story shorter..... I place a 20oz Diet Pepsi and a Sneakers bar on the table and when another man said "Go!" I was able to unscrew the lid on the bottle and take a drink, set the bottle down, pick up the candy bar and take a bite, sit it down and was picking up the Diet Pepsiwhen he finally got his plastic pistol out in a shooting position.

I did this in a casual manner, not at hot dog eating contest speed.

Plus with the CB ST and the guys shirt tucked in it looked like he had a HUGE tumor growing on his side.

Paul
    LOL... you are so full of ****. Everything is about you is as phony as a three dollar bill.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Stengun, You really, really need to get better material...

Granted, the altercation that I was involved in at my home on the 5th of July did not involve my Kholster Holster having a shirt tucked into it, but it took me only a second to clear my CZ-83 from the holster and fire at the intruder raising his gun at me.
    I credit that to the extensive training that we have been doing out at our gun range with a moving target arrangement. We stand 12 yards from the target with our back to the target; you are 'outfitted' as you would normally be while carrying in public. We have a 'partner' activating the target to come at you at a 'trot' speed and he announces "He's coming at you..." You have to turn, determine the target to be a threat or not and if so, to then clear your cover on the firearm, draw and put a three shot string into center mass before the target gets to you.
    If you have your hand on your weapon before making the decision, or the weapon uncovered, you are disqualified! It teaches you that 10-12 yards can be covered very quickly, and that you don't have time for sight acquisition, so you better be good at 'point-shooting'. Good practice drills!

I'd venture to say Stengun, that you'd loose to this 63-year old, too heavy for comfort, old man! All it takes is dedication to practice!
    Last edited by JPKirkpatrick; 08-04-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO

I think there's some confusion between tuckable and in the waist band
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment