Illinois won't reciprocate CCW with NC?

Thread: Illinois won't reciprocate CCW with NC?

Illinois won't reciprocate CCW with NC?

So, Illinois is FINALLY getting conceal carry? Couldn't be happier about that .. it's about time. Only thing that seems a little infantile is that NC will now accept those new IL CCW permits, but Illinois will still not accept my NC CCW permit. So as a NC resident, Illinois still denies MY right to conceal carry and protect myself within their borders. I know, baby steps, but it sure would be great if our Constitution were observed universally in all 50 states.

And ever other state as I understand it.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    And ever other state as I understand it.
    But they will have non-resident permits. Purely a money grab.

Yeah... Luckily I have no pressing reason to go there. The annoying one for me is California; my sister lives there and so I do visit occasionally. So fun going to watch her shows in LA unarmed!

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Yeah... Luckily I have no pressing reason to go there. The annoying one for me is California; my sister lives there and so I do visit occasionally. So fun going to watch her shows in LA unarmed!
    My mother used to live in Chicago. Now she lives in one of the suburbs.

It's a moot point for me now, since my current "job" gives us no paid holidays or vacations, and in fact DOUBLED our unpaid days for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's last year. I literally can't AFFORD to go to Illinois, armed or otherwise.

If I could afford to go, I'd think about a non-resident permit, but these days, it'd be as much use to me a concealed carry permit for Mars...

7. Does anyone know if there is any legislation for concealed carry permits from any stste to be honored by all the other states?

Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    So, Illinois is FINALLY getting conceal carry? Couldn't be happier about that .. it's about time. Only thing that seems a little infantile is that NC will now accept those new IL CCW permits, but Illinois will still not accept my NC CCW permit. So as a NC resident, Illinois still denies MY right to conceal carry and protect myself within their borders. I know, baby steps, but it sure would be great if our Constitution were observed universally in all 50 states.
    North Carolina does not observe the Constitution either....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.