ankle holster or belt - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ankle holster or belt

Howdy Glock20,

Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    I am a 30 year plus concealed carry person. Started out with a jackass rig way back when. Used briefcases, lunch bags, man purse, IWB, OWB, about anywhere you can imagine. I have also used calf holsters over 30 years, and that is one system I always return to. In a car, where most all of us spend much of our time, it is one of the best places to carry. Office chair, same thing, very easy draw. Couch, recliner, etc.

I use three weapons for calf carry. In no order, I switch between them. Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact 9mm 18 rounds, Glock 23C .40 S&W 16 rounds, Glock 32 .357 Sig 16 rounds. My calf rig is a lightly modified Serpa II using the belt attachment, and adding 2" Velcro.

I can release the gun without raising my pants to allow it to hit the floor, or the top of my foot to make it quiet. I can also raise my pants leg and draw from the holster. Keeping the weight higher on my leg, makes it easier to walk and easier to access from a sitting position.

Thanks for the laugh!

A few years ago I was at a local night club and I could tell a guy was carrying a handgun in a calf rig similar to yours.

The man thought his gun made him Billy Badbutt and went he bent over to pick up his gun I hit him over the back of the head with a Bud Lite bottle.

Years later I still have his gun and he has a nice scar from where the beer bottle cut his scalp.

If you have been carrying for over 30 years my guess is the you are over 50yo ( I've been carrying for +31 years and I'm 49yo ) and are not as agile as you were when you were in your late teens or early twenties. I used this age range because that is the age range of most of the people committing violent street crimes so do you truly and honestly feel that you can outdraw a ( using the Zimmerman-Martin incident ) a skinny young thug that's faster than a scared cat?

My vote is: "No!"

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

I purchased a Kangaroo Carry Air Marshall 3 and I love it. I carry a XD 40 sub and a slim pt740. I can carry under a tee shirt and it is nit easy to see. I wore it under a plain white tee shirt and it was a little noticeable. I also wore it for up to 14 hours with no problems. It's kind of a belly band the runs around your chest and rest just under your pecs. The firearm rides on your weak side with a strap riding over your weak side shoulder. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOLSTER.

Air Marshal 3 Holster

carygsimmons

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    A few years ago I was at a local night club and I could tell a guy was carrying a handgun in a calf rig similar to yours.

The man thought his gun made him Billy Badbutt and went he bent over to pick up his gun I hit him over the back of the head with a Bud Lite bottle.

Years later I still have his gun and he has a nice scar from where the beer bottle cut his scalp.
    Am I the only one who interprets the above as an admission by Pretty Simple Paul that he stole a gun from a guy he sucker-punched with a beer bottle, and that he still has the stolen weapon to this day? If I misinterpreted that, someone please explain another way of reading it that puts Pretty Simple Paul in a perfectly legal position.

Backtracking to commence in 5...4...3...2...

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12