Hardest/Easiest CCW to obtain - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardest/Easiest CCW to obtain

Not sure on the easiest, but the hardest has to be Washington DC. At least in Hawaii you have a miniscule chance at getting one.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2

3. Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    Virginia. No classroom...Virginia assumes we are adults, no fingerprints, one page application, no sheriff interference,...mine was back in three weeks.

Do they do one for non-resident?

4. Az is probably easiest, wa is simple and straight forward. I think hi is probaly one of the hardest if not the most difficult, even if you do somehow manage to get one, it is only valid in the county that issued it.

sent from my mobile using the mobile carry app

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    What a joke. I live in Honolulu where only retired LEO and a very few others can get a permit to carry concealed. So I took a four hour concealed carry class from the state of Utah right here in Hawaii where I'm not allowed to carry, and now I can carry concealed in most of the states where I travel to visit. All the airlines allow me to check my weapon and ammo in my checked baggage. If it's a state on the list of reciprocal agreement, as soon as I get my bag, I go to the men's room, load my weapon and conceal it on my person. I believe there should be a national concealed carry standard and I should be able to carry anywhere just as I am allowed to drive anywhere once I have my Hawaii driver's license.
    ~~~Move

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Alabama is certainly among the easiest. My wife and I went together to renew last Thursday. $15 per year, permit holder can choose from one to five year duration (x $15), no fingerprints, no training (requirements - both wife and I have extensive training, but not mandated by state), no waiting at all. We walked in together and left no more than five minutes later with our permission slips. Pass a NICS check, that's it. During the Sandy Hook aftermath, I imagine the NICS check was slowed down considerably, maybe even had to wait for a day or two, I don't know, but we've kept our renewal date on Aug. 1st for the last 10 or 12 years, so everything had calmed down by last Thursday when we went, and as always, it was issued instantaneously. Also, there's no duty to inform LEOs that you're armed here, and permission slips are not tied to driver's licenses or car tags, so LEOs don't know you're papered or armed unless you choose to tell 'em, and I haven't a clue why anyone thinks that's a good idea.

To my way of thinking, no state that requires you go to the expense and time of training, or that mandates fingerprinting, can be legitimately called an "easy" state to exercise your rights in. And if there's a 30, 60, 90 or I've even heard of 180 day wait before you get it issued, that's also a disqualifier as far as I'm concerned. It's among the top reasons we will probably never leave Bama. If my wife could stand the cold winters, we'd head for Vermont, but she can't, so we'll stay put and keep working on the legislature to move towards constitutional carry here too.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    What a joke. I live in Honolulu where only retired LEO and a very few others can get a permit to carry concealed. So I took a four hour concealed carry class from the state of Utah right here in Hawaii where I'm not allowed to carry, and now I can carry concealed in most of the states where I travel to visit. All the airlines allow me to check my weapon and ammo in my checked baggage. If it's a state on the list of reciprocal agreement, as soon as I get my bag, I go to the men's room, load my weapon and conceal it on my person. I believe there should be a national concealed carry standard and I should be able to carry anywhere just as I am allowed to drive anywhere once I have my Hawaii driver's license.
    I went to high scrool in Wahiawa, Leileihua to be specific in the mid 60's. I will trade houses with you and give you my concealed carry permit and all my firearms and ammo for your quarters in Honolulu.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    Do they do one for non-resident?
    Use this link. Non Resident a few extra hoops.

Virginia State Police - Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permits

9. Quote Originally Posted by Harley Ruger View Post
    I have a friend in Texas who told me he had to enroll in a class, at his expense, and get x-number of hours of training using the gun he would be carrying. I tend to think this is the most sensible way to issue conceal permits. I worry that there are many ccw's being issued to folks who are completely untrained, and have no past experience with a firearm. That's a little scary.
    Exactly what problem in reality do we have in Washington that mandatory training would solve?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. Wisconsin you need hunter saftery 43 bucks and pass a background check

Sent from my LG-P999 using USA Carry mobile app

11. Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    I went to high scrool in Wahiawa, Leileihua to be specific in the mid 60's. I will trade houses with you and give you my concealed carry permit and all my firearms and ammo for your quarters in Honolulu.
    Points taken. Despite not having the freedom to carry concealed in Hawaii, my comment wasn't so much a complaint as a fact about the strict gun laws in this state. I still believe a federal background check combined with psychological and firearm proficiency tests should qualify an applicant to carry in all 50 states. Wouldn't we all like that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast