50 State CCW licensing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 State CCW licensing

1. 50 State CCW licensing

I live in CA and the CCW licensing here only covers 2 states (CA and AZ, I believe). There is a course that offers licensing for 48 other states, so my question is if you have BOTH licenses, are you able to travel freely and not worry, as long as you are properly storing your gun when not carrying? Anyone have experience with this?

3. What course is that, that will let you carry in 48 states?

Ah..... I believe that number to be closer to..... Yeah, not quite.

With combination of Non Resident permits it's possible to get 30-35 or so states but some states do not recognize any other permits or do not recognize non-resident permits.

6. New Jersey has NO reciprocity with any other state. I lived there for 47 years. I'm sure others will chime in with similar responses.

There's an iPhone app called CCW that provides a great source of reciprocity information.
    Best regards,
    Steve

I count some 22 states that honor a CA permit. Assuming, of course, you're in a county where you actually have a likelihood of being issued one.

With an AZ permit, you'd be up to about 36 states. Add UT and you'll fill in a couple more. The only nearby states still off your list will be NV and OR - tough nuts to crack.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

8. I have WA resident and AZ, OR non-resident which give me what I need and if I go to CA I just obey their laws, I wish NV still recognize AZ permit like they use to, the wife and I go there a lot.

New York does not recognize any other states license.

Quote Originally Posted by rjfleming View Post
    With combination of Non Resident permits it's possible to get 30-35 or so states but some states do not recognize any other permits or do not recognize non-resident permits.
    My NC permit give me 37 other states besides my home state.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Michigan CPL is recognized in 39 states to exclude Hawaii, California, Illinois, Oregon, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, DC and Maryland, Good state to have a nonresident permit with in my opinion.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast