Concealed Carry - church with a school

Thread: Concealed Carry - church with a school

Concealed Carry - church with a school

I work at a church in FL, which 5 days a week has a preschool, in a separate building, yet on the same property. I'm wondering about concealed carry from the perspective of "school property". Technically, the preschool is on the same property. What would you do?

3. Ask a lawyer

Does "preschool" actually come under the school prohibition? In most cases, "school" refers to K-12.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

as long as you stay out of the school you are ok to carry. as others have noted if it is only a preschool you should be ok to carry. remember concealed means concealed and if you are concealing properly nobody should ever be aware that you are carrying
    YMMV

Also note that the fed law says 1000 feet from the property line out is a no go.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ChDangerfield View Post
    Also note that the fed law says 1000 feet from the property line out is a no go.
    not quite right, here in FLA if you have a cwfl you are not bound by that silly law

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    not quite right, here in FLA if you have a cwfl you are not bound by that silly law
    Nobody who possess a license from the same state the school zone is located in is bound by that silly Federal law in any state. Also, the Federal law only applies to: "(26) The term “school” means a school which provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under State law." not to preschools.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Yes the law excludes someone with a permit/license from that state, but many states have similar worded laws. In MN, you cannot carry outside your car on school property (during school hours, I think, otherwise no go totally) with two exceptions. Permit required regardless. One going to the trunk to store your sidearm, and two if you have written permission from the school (than you can carry into the building). But I am not legal advice for anything or anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ChDangerfield View Post
    Yes the law excludes someone with a permit/license from that state, but many states have similar worded laws. In MN, you cannot carry outside your car on school property (during school hours, I think, otherwise no go totally) with two exceptions. Permit required regardless. One going to the trunk to store your sidearm, and two if you have written permission from the school (than you can carry into the building). But I am not legal advice for anything or anywhere.
    you are talking about on school property we were talking about the law restricting weapons within 1k ft of a school, in addition the OP was concerned about FLA.