To carry hot or not? - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: To carry hot or not?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    Plan for every conceivable event, not just bad guys popping up at you.

Off duty police officer, lives alone, gets home, pulls out his duty gun, tosses it on the bed, undoes his belt, on bed, and goes to the bathroom. A girlfriend that is baby sitting a toddler sees he is home, and lets herself in with a hidden house key from under a rock in the garden. Toddler races ahead of girlfriend in the home, picks up gun on bed, and does a ND to his head, killing him. Off duty officer did not hear a sound till the gun discharged. This was in the news some months back.

While a gun safe would have prevented this tragedy, that is where the gun was headed, after the officer went to the restroom. It only takes a moment, for the SHTF to happen. Had this officer had a duty pistol with a safety, or an empty chamber, some family would still have their child.

Google gun accidents, and read for hours.
    Reading this (and your many other idiotic posts i.e. safeties always on) it seems me that you're awfully afraid of guns. Like scared shitless by them. So what the f*ck are you doing here? Why are you carrying a gun if they're so scary, bad, dangerous, etc.? Why are you an N R A member if all guns do is go off by themselves or kill children? Who the hell are you?

I've heard some really "different" takes on gun issues on this forum but for an instructor yours are the most anti-gun, fear induced, ignorant ideas I've heard.

Guns should never be feared, only respected.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

I carry hot for several reasons. 1) There may not be time to chamber a round. 2) My gun has a manual safety and long trigger pull, therefore having little chance of accidental discharge. 3) I pocket-carry and the chance of someone grabbing my weapon is slight.

That's a little difficult to do when you are a bona fide paranoid schizophrenic wearing a tinfoil hat 3 sizes too big obstructing not only your actual sight, but any normal thought process as well.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    That's a little difficult to do when you are a bona fide paranoid schizophrenic wearing a tinfoil hat 3 sizes too big obstructing not only your actual sight, but any normal thought process as well.
    Now that's rich.....'Kwimby' calling someone else a "paranoid schizophrenic".....SMH
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Did someone come slithering out of their hole?

The_Outlaw
    ~The Dude Abides~

This message is hidden because The_Outlaw is on your ignore list.

7. To carry hot or not?

Off duty police officer, lives alone, gets home, pulls out his duty gun, tosses it on the bed, undoes his belt, on bed, and goes to the bathroom. A girlfriend that is baby sitting a toddler sees he is home, and lets herself in with a hidden house key from under a rock in the garden. Toddler races ahead of girlfriend in the home, picks up gun on bed, and does a ND to his head, killing him. Off duty officer did not hear a sound till the gun discharged. This was in the news some months back.

While a gun safe would have prevented this tragedy, that is where the gun was headed, after the officer went to the restroom. It only takes a moment, for the SHTF to happen. Had this officer had a duty pistol with a safety, or an empty chamber, some family would still have their child.

Google gun accidents, and read for hours.
    So in your mind, no one should ever carry with one in the chamber because there is always some minute possibility that some accident could happen.

Yeah, gun accidents happen. But you know what you can't read about? The millions more of gun accidents that DIDN'T happen because the owner of the gun wasn't a careless dumbass.

8. Any modern pistol as far as I know is designed to be able to carry safely with a round in the chamber by either having external safety or safety measures like long pulls on DAO triggers or true DA triggers. As long as the pistol is bolstered and the trigger and guard covered you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So in your mind, no one should ever carry with one in the chamber because there is always some minute possibility that some accident could happen.

Yeah, gun accidents happen. But you know what you can't read about? The millions more of gun accidents that DIDN'T happen because the owner of the gun wasn't a careless dumbass.

I am saying a tactical sidearm is a big responsibility, and for someone to own one, and NOT use it in accordance outlined fully in the owners manual, is not a prudent choice for myself.

Own a table saw? Have you removed the finger guard, so it is easier to use? Would make typing in this forum more difficult, once the Natural Selection process kicks in, to thin the herd.

Once a bullet starts traveling down the barrel of a gun, there is no turning it back around again.

My posts on here, only say how I conduct myself, with my firearms, and to warn others, that might listen, to be careful.

Carry 1911 cocked and locked and have for many years if Glock considers this unsafe after over 100 years doing this with colt, I would not carry a Glock I own two, and will carry my colt, I intend it to be unsafe for the bad guys.

FNWylde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Hey man you win. Peace
    Its not about winning or losing. It is about teaching and learning, asking for advice, comprehending with critical analysis, and making your own choice. Every time I read something here I learn something new or find a slightly different perspective on an old topic.

I said a while back "IMHO, if anyone thinks they can drop both hands to manipulate a gun while repeatedly getting punched in the face and still have both the time and focus to ready a weapon and successfully use it in self defense, well, won't."

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast