To carry hot or not? - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: To carry hot or not?

1. i carry a glock 27. mexican carry. and no way in hell am i going to carry hot. a bullet to my balls might as well be a bullet to my heart.

'nom sayin?

:coffee:

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Whose liability theirs or yours. Theirs is for monetary reasons, yours is to save your life. Which do you think is more important? I know what my answer is, because they aren't worried about my life, not really.
    I did mean theirs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

Howdy,

I use the George Zimmerman case as an example:

Did George have the ability to chamber a round while he was getting his butt kicked by a skinny boy? Even with George's +1 year of intense MMA training he still would not have had a chance to "rack the slide".

Pretty simple.

Carry hot. If you are afraid if your gun, get a different gun, maybe a revolver.

Paul
    Last edited by Stengun; 08-08-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Dang iPhone typos!
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by ChDangerfield View Post
    The XD striker is always fully back. The sear drops but does not pull back.
    Ok , now I think we understand each other.

But to put it in perspective would you carry a 1911 in Condition zero ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Ok , now I think we understand each other.

But to put it in perspective would you carry a 1911 in Condition zero ?
    I have. I don't like to. If I have a safety I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Itís actually been a month or so since this thread has come up.

This is what decided me, when I first started carrying the people around me were all 1911 aficionados.
    They all carried their firearms cocked in a holster with a retention strap; the strap went between the hammer and the firing pin (which isnít a bad Idea).
    Anyway my gun was an S&W Model 915 with a decocker. Not knowing any better I carried it in the holster cocked and unlocked with the retention strap between the hammer and firing pin.

DISCLAIMER: What I just described is absolutely an unsafe way to carry a firearm.

Having said that I carried it that way for about 6 month before someone squared me away and the pistol didnít fire ever.
    Very Honest Treo. Mistakes that no one knows about are often times the hardest to admit. Excellent training tip.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    i carry a glock 27. mexican carry. and no way in hell am i going to carry hot. a bullet to my balls might as well be a bullet to my heart.

'nom sayin?

:coffee:
    I would change my method of carry if losing my balls was a serious concern. Ball Loss, Life Loss... Retrain your brain and begin a different carry routine.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I would change my method of carry if losing my balls was a serious concern.
    oh would you?

Quote Originally Posted by ChDangerfield View Post
    The only time I would suggest not to carry hot is with some older wheel guns. Most of those were single action only and the pin would rest on the primer. If you got a double action, then you could go cold because as you pull the trigger the next round moves in. But with the lack of rounds in a wheel gun, you want all cylinders. If you are going the wheel gun route just make sure it has a safety for the hammer. I don't know the name of it but it keeps the hammer away from the primer unless the trigger is pulled.

When you carry a revolver without a round under the hammer, it's still "hot," but you have one less round. Older revolvers have nothing to prevent the hammer, if struck, from engaging the primer, and should not have a round under the hammer. The hammer block was designed to prevent the hammer from hitting the primer unless the trigger is pulled, and revolvers have been made this way for at least the past 60-70 years.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by devo-j View Post
    I don't carry hot.
    Yes, time is always of the essence. But I have not put enough practice into drawing and removing safety to be comfortable with it. It takes a LOT of practice and constant practice to be proficient enough to be safe. And being safe is as important as protection.
    Accidentally shooting yourself or God forbid, someone else, gives us all a bad name.

My sister-in-law shot my brother in the leg, with three young children in the room. I know of several other instances where people shot their foot or leg.
    Let me see if I understand what you're saying: You haven't enough practice to carry with a round in the chamber, but you have had enough practice to be able to chamber a round quickly and efficiently when death is staring you in the face...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast