Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I find it interesting that a brand new mamber has managed to randomly (yeah right) start two threads and have both be about the two biggest hot button topics on this forum.
    Two options Treo, one is that they are important questions that a new gun owner or new to carrying for self defense would want opinions on. If that is the case, then I think honest opinions are good, but rants and rhetoric still prevail.
    -
    Option two is a liberal troll looking for fodder to cut and paste to their anti-gun blog.
    -
    Which were you betting on?
    Chief

3. i OC 24/7. i was raised in the era that thought CC was what the BG did. i do not have a problem with any way to carry just carry please.

you might want to question why you CC. is it the surprise factor? that kind of says that you want to shoot someone, because you will be a soft target. which is what the BG wants. so you are looking to draw them so you can shoot them. one of the reasons i OC is to deter any attack. there was a study done a few years ago, that told 98% of the BGs in prison would not attack an armed person.

do you CC because you don't want to upset any body? are you playing to the sheeple?

like i said carry and carry always, weather it is OC or CC. be honest with yourself

Open carry makes Jesus sad
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I think there are plenty of people out there who would figure out how to take your open carry. They do it with wallets, and open carry, IMO, would just put more guns in criminals hands.

Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by jhicks View Post
    I carry concealed. I would carry concealed even if open carry becomes legal. I do think that anyone who carries ought to submit to a background check and apply for a license, just like me. I don't agree with the "anyone, anytime, anywhere, without a license" carry.
    Tough sh!t... You don't get to make the call..... Deal with it.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by devo-j View Post
    I think there are plenty of people out there who would figure out how to take your open carry. They do it with wallets, and open carry, IMO, would just put more guns in criminals hands.
    That's why you OC in a holster with retention.
    Do you carry your wallet "dangling" on the end of a string?
    Come on people, common sense here, please.

Has anyone else noticed the massive amount of posters with ten or less posts who are now "posting" lately?
    Just sayin.... Ya know?

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Then surely you can post some links to news stories where this has happened
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Is your opinion that there are plenty of people out there who would figure out how to take an openly carried gun based in actual fact or is that just what you think, or are afraid, would happen? If you believe that it is actual fact please provide cites and/or links to actual incidents where open carriers get their guns taken by criminals. Please bear in mind that folks have been open carrying in just Arizona alone for decades so finding actual incidents should be very easy.

I'm not trying to be a jerk... I just would like for folks to base their opinions (and ultimately their decisions) on actual facts instead of just assuming that is what will happen.

After all.... the most prevalent myths about open carry by non LE that no one seems to be able to back up with actual factual researchable real life incidents are:

"Bad guys will target open carriers and take their guns."

and

"Bad guys will shoot the open carrier first".

Soooo... if there is any basis in real world fact for those oft heard myths I would surely like to see it. And I don't mean just one or two incidents over the past 30 years...after all... for there to be any concern of those things happening more often than lightning strikes there needs to be a plethora of incidents all over the country. Surely the main stream media would be harping on it if it were true?

And then, just to put it into perspective, perhaps comparing how often open carriers have their guns taken and/or are "shot" with how often concealed carriers get their guns taken or and/or are shot.... would be of interest?

But again... the decision as to open carry, concealed carry, open and concealed carry at the same time, or not carry at all, should always be an individual's personal decision. Even if that decision is based upon myth and not fact.

Because if we have a right to something then we decide for ourselves how, when, where, and why....

But when someone else (like the government or even public opinion) is in charge of telling us who, how, when, where, and why is "allowed"... then we don't have a right but we only have a privilege controlled by whoever has the power to do the "allowing".

10. Quote Originally Posted by devo-j View Post
    Right. Which is why the news is filled with Joe Citizens getting their guns snatched by criminals.... Oh, wait. There are no more than a couple reports per year of it happening. You see, contrary to popular belief, criminals are not stupid. They are just as afraid of getting shot as everyone else is. There is no reason to steal a gun from a Joe Citizen carrying it because 99.9% of Joe Citizens do not appear to be carrying firearms and it is much less life threatening to the criminal to steal money from them and just buy a gun - or steal guns that are left unattended.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I agree with open carrying. If I could, I would. Theres not much difference, visually, between an undercover cop and a pedestrian. While walking downtown in my security uniform, I looked like more like a cop than some of the cops who were open carrying.

I dont think any criminal would open carry. But, thats just my opinion.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast