Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand? - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    That's why you OC in a holster with retention.
    Do you carry your wallet "dangling" on the end of a string?
    Come on people, common sense here, please.

Has anyone else noticed the massive amount of posters with ten or less posts who are now "posting" lately?
    Just sayin.... Ya know?
    Yep, I do know. I also think I know why. It happens every time the USA Carry Giveaway restarts. I'm not sure what kind of advertising reaches all the newbs, but I've noticed the trend since the Giveaways started quite awhile back. I try to be nice and patient with them as they start threads that have been covered a hundred times (per week it seems like) before, but some of them make it tough, I'll admit. I can think of several regulars around here now that had rather questionable beginnings when they first showed up. You could probably think of one or two yourself if you tried.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

3. Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand?

Yep

4. Quote Originally Posted by devo-j View Post
    I think there are plenty of people out there who would figure out how to take your open carry. They do it with wallets, and open carry, IMO, would just put more guns in criminals hands.
    So.... just to put this in perspective, according to you, "attitude" displayed by a person fueled by the knowledge that the person displaying the attitude has that they have a concealed gun is some sort of magic talisman that wards off evil:

Quote Originally Posted by devo-j View Post
    Enter the concealed weapon and security, peace of mind and serenity. Which all by itself, without ever being pulled, has the power to keep a lot of nasties at bay. Cause attitude is everything. I've been there a few times, and know the only reason violence was avoided was because knew I had a gun handy and I had attitude.
    So, I have to ask. Wouldn't the "attitude", backed by the visible and known presence of the gun capable of being used by the person with the "attitude" have much more deterrent value than the "attitude" alone?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I think there are plenty of people out there who would figure out how to take your open carry. They do it with wallets, and open carry, IMO, would just put more guns in criminals hands.
    So.... just to put this in perspective, according to you, "attitude" displayed by a person fueled by the knowledge that the person displaying the attitude has that they have a concealed gun is some sort of magic talisman that wards off evil:
    Enter the concealed weapon and security, peace of mind and serenity. Which all by itself, without ever being pulled, has the power to keep a lot of nasties at bay. Cause attitude is everything. I've been there a few times, and know the only reason violence was avoided was because knew I had a gun handy and I had attitude.

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Yep, I do know. I also think I know why. It happens every time the USA Carry Giveaway restarts. I'm not sure what kind of advertising reaches all the newbs, but I've noticed the trend since the Giveaways started quite awhile back. I try to be nice and patient with them as they start threads that have been covered a hundred times (per week it seems like) before, but some of them make it tough, I'll admit. I can think of several regulars around here now that had rather questionable beginnings when they first showed up. You could probably think of one or two yourself if you tried.

Blues
    Well played sir, well played indeed. 👍

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Well played sir, well played indeed.
    Just so you know that it was intended as light-hearted ribbing, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Right. Which is why the news is filled with Joe Citizens getting their guns snatched by criminals.... Oh, wait. There are no more than a couple reports per year of it happening. You see, contrary to popular belief, criminals are not stupid. They are just as afraid of getting shot as everyone else is. There is no reason to steal a gun from a Joe Citizen carrying it because 99.9% of Joe Citizens do not appear to be carrying firearms and it is much less life threatening to the criminal to steal money from them and just buy a gun - or steal guns that are left unattended.
    You see more articles about cops getting their gun taken, and that is probably because the perp saw it as a last resort to stay out of the pokey.
    Chief

Blog Entries
    I firmly believe it is our right to carry openly (obviously), but my preference is to conceal. Why? Two reasons: 1) I don't think it is anyone's business that I carry, I think it offers the element of surprise when necessary, 2) there are just too many crazy people out there and when they see someone carrying a gun they go nuts. I just don't want some unstable person attacking me or calling the police and then getting hassled because of the gun.

Concealed Carry or Open Carry? Where do you stand?

I carry.......in NC we have the option. NOT going to beat this dog anymore with a new thread every 3 months or so. BUTT- with that said, I'll reiterate;
    I CC/OC a full sized .45 Cocked & Locked. If you're gonna have to spew lead my friends.......spew the biggest you can. NO sense in drilling holes. If forced to punch holes, I will take out large chunks until the threat is gone.
    -
    Be safe and always be aware and always carry. No where in the COTUS does it state your safety is a guarantee. Of course Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is a bit out there anymore as well. YOU take the responsibility, no one else will.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Obwana1 View Post
    I firmly believe it is our right to carry openly (obviously), but my preference is to conceal. Why? Two reasons: 1) I don't think it is anyone's business that I carry, I think it offers the element of surprise when necessary, 2) there are just too many crazy people out there and when they see someone carrying a gun they go nuts. I just don't want some unstable person attacking me or calling the police and then getting hassled because of the gun.
    The first half of your first reason makes sense. The second half doesn't make sense to me, I don't know why someone would choose surprise over deterrence. Your second reason is not based in reality.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast