Is there a good 10+1 pocket gun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a good 10+1 pocket gun?

Thanks guys, I think I've settled on the SCCY. I've shot it and really like the way it feels and it's very accurate for it's size.
    Again, thanks for all the input!

Quote Originally Posted by CarryInNewYork View Post

I like my LCR. Only 5 rounds of 357, but has the power of 10 9mm rounds ;)
    That's not even remotely accurate. Look at a power curve for .357 vs. 9mm. A .357 is only slightly more powerful than a 9mm, nowhere near twice as powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by blauder View Post
    I'd like to know what you all think would be best for pocket carry with a 10+1 magazine and decent stopping power.
    If you carry two pocket guns that are both 5+1, then you will have 10+2 which is better than 10+1. :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Lets face it--eventually you get to the point where more cartridges with some lethality lend themselves to more size and more weight. If the firearm is small and uses large caliber for lethality, recoil can play havoc with your thumb. The old adage "can't have your cake and eat it too" comes into play. Something has to give unless you can accomodate some of the replies and find them to be comfortable pocket firearms. Ya gotta try them and may have to make adjustments in your specs. Ideally someday they will come up with that 10 shot 45 that weighs under a pound and fits in the palm of your hand and has little recoil and great accuracy, but it is not here yet.

I wouldn't consider pocket carrying any of the 10+ round guns. MAYBE my BG380 as it's actually small enough but i'm still not a fan of pocket carry. I just can't see how people do it.

I like my lc9 and lcp for P.C. but they both are not 10 rds. something that size would be IWB for me.
    rmw66- "gun free zones = criminal empowerment zones "

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Lets face it--eventually you get to the point where more cartridges with some lethality lend themselves to more size and more weight. If the firearm is small and uses large caliber for lethality, recoil can play havoc with your thumb. The old adage "can't have your cake and eat it too" comes into play. Something has to give unless you can accomodate some of the replies and find them to be comfortable pocket firearms. Ya gotta try them and may have to make adjustments in your specs. Ideally someday they will come up with that 10 shot 45 that weighs under a pound and fits in the palm of your hand and has little recoil and great accuracy, but it is not here yet.
    We're actually really loving the SCCY's. Comfortable to shoot and it fits perfectly in my pocket holster, or IWB.

9. I have a Glock 27, .40 cal that carries 10 +1 (extender off end of mag). You will want to purchase a pocket holster that covers the trigger guard because you have a round in the chamber and while you're fishing out the piece, you don't want your trigger finger to accidentally discharge the weapon in your pocket...I'm a rightie, so the back pocket of my jeans, or the front pocket if wearing baggie shorts, or the right outside pocket of a vest if it's cool enough outside...

Quote Originally Posted by blauder View Post
    We're actually really loving the SCCY's. Comfortable to shoot and it fits perfectly in my pocket holster, or IWB.
    I have the SCCY and I really like it too. The pocket carry part of this throws me (always does when someone asks about pocket carry) because it's so subjective. I can't carry my SCCY in a pocket - it's just a little too bulky. I really don't wear clothes that have pockets that could carry this gun - even have trouble pocket carrying my BG 380, at least in jeans. Now I see a lot of posts where the person is fitting much larger guns in their pockets so it becomes a matter of;comfort, size of person and clothing options.

Nice gun and congrats on your choice - just can't fit it in MY pockets.

Take care.

11. I'm carrying a Beretta Storm subcompact in my right pocket as I type. I am a big dude though and like big pockets but I'll say truthfully that it wont fit on every pair of pants and the Storm SC is as big as you could possibly get away with for pocket carry.

Personally I'm planning to down size when finances allow and get a Nano.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast