Looking for new CC gun... any suggestions? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for new CC gun... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    I been thinking about the 26 so how do you like it?
    I'm very content with it. Some people think its a little heavy or too thick. Not for me it hasnt been an issue. It definitely is small in size. No problems with my 26 and I'm unaware of how many rounds are through it. It definitely needs a good holster to be a good concealed carry gun, though. I wouldnt recommend pocket carrying this particular gun, although some people do it.

Ruger SR9c.
    Excellent trigger.
    Very Accurate.
    Excellent Magazine options.
    Low Perceived Recoil with Stock 16lb Springs. (I changed out to 20lb from Galloway)
    Great for a Carry
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

4. I'm thinking about an M&P Shield or a XDs. Both are great guns.

Ok, you want no external safety and you want concealable on a slight but tall frame and you want it in 9mm.

List:
    S&W M&P 9mm with no thumb safety suggested retail $569 (this is hard to find, most have the thumb safety)
    Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26 usually about $500
    Springfield XD lines $500-$600 range

Any others? I'm sure I'm missing something. Those are what come to mind when you don't want an external safety though.

My question for you though... what have you held in your hand so far? what felt good? what have you shot? Find a gun shop that has a range with demos and try some out.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    So... any suggestions? Anything I haven't thought of yet,...?

Thanks!
    Can you say, "Glock 26"? One session at the range will convince you.
    G'Day and G'lock

So many choices, how do you pick one? I second the vote on the Kahr CM9 with CTC laser - small, light, easy to shoot, accurate, in a DeSantis Tuck-This virtually disappears even under a light colored, solid t-shirt. Unfortunately, gave it to my daughter BUT replaced it with Springfield XDS .45 in the same holster (but added a sweat shield for hot SW weather). Could not have been happier and now have the bigger manstopper round that I really wanted. Practically the same specs as the CM9.

Fortunately, I was able to shoot a friend's XDS .45 while in the thought process, and that sealed the deal!

Good Luck in making the decision!

Just tried out a Glock 26 in a defensive handgun class today... was good, could get used to it... didn't feel quite right in my hand. Will try a couple more, then maybe come back to it :)

I think either one of these will suit you

S&W 3913
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Aparently you can only upload one video per post

See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Glock 9mm

I currently conceal carry a compact Glock 19 4th gen. It is a bit hard to conceal in the summer with just a t-shirt but still doable. I would definitely look into the sub-compact Glocks. I am a big fan of the 9mm just for the reasons of practice and shots on target. Cheaper to shoot and easier to find where I am, and as anyone will say if you shoot well with the caliber that is what you should carry.

When I was looking for a EDC gun I spent a lot of time, and Glock was far from my first choice, but after looking and shooting for a year or so, I fell in love with the G19. Give it a try.

Good luck!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast