Looking for new CC gun... any suggestions? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for new CC gun... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by nharter42 View Post
    I currently conceal carry a compact Glock 19 4th gen. It is a bit hard to conceal in the summer with just a t-shirt but still doable.
    Is it concealed or just covered with a T shirt?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I alternate between 2 guns, depending on what I'm wearing or where I'm going. The one I carry most is my S&W .40 Shield in a Crossbreed Minituck. When I need to go a little smaller I'll carry my Ruger LCP in a Crossbreed Microclip or in a simple Galco pocket holster.

Pros and cons with both guns. I'm not really a fan of the safety on the Shield, but with a little practice, the safety is off well before the gun is on target. The Shield is a nice, slim gun and conceals very well, even under a simple colored T-Shirt or those 'technical fabric' shirts I wear in the hot weather.

With the LCP, there is the stopping power (or lack, thereof) of the .380, but I consider a .380 a lot better than no gun. And, you can hide the thing just about anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Is it concealed or just covered with a T shirt?
    It is completely concealed using only a t-shirt to cover it with IWB, but I have to be careful not to print. My girlfriend who knows I carry, bumps into it when she hugs me and is surprised I was carrying.

Don't discount the Rugers Just because of the manual safety. There is a trigger safety. The trigger on the SR's are great. The Shield also comes with manual safety...look into their Compacts, they can be had without safeties.
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

I have a Shield .40 love it and carry it exclusively when using IWB carry method. Drawbacks on Shield IMHO 1) don't like the manual safety on it i think it overkill but it doesn't keep me up at night. I practice flipping it off every time i am shooting it. I actually practice flipppling it off on all my guns even if they dont have the safety just to make sure i remember to do it under stress. 2) Not quite a pocket gun.

I carry the KAHR CM9 in the pocket and love that gun as well.

If you want to shoot it a lot, see how it feels in your hand. For me the LC9 was too skinny for my long, skinny fingers - never shot one, but didn't like the idea of putting a lot of rounds downrange with it. The Ruger SR9c fit my hand perfectly - and that is now my EDC.
    Ruger SR9c

8. While I've never shot one the Sig P938 is a fantastic feeling little gun and would be easy to conceal in the summer months. I think that is the next on my list!

That said, the XDs is also on my list. Hmmm choices choices

When choosing a gun the looks of the gun should not be a big deal, after all looks do not make a round more accurate. Look for what fits your hand and is comfortable. Also make sure you can handle recoil if you get a larger caliber handgun. If you don't like recoil get a .32 acp, .380 acp, a .38 or 9mm. If it is a CC gun then look for something slim and easy to conceal IWB. 98% of criminals get very worried if someone pulls a gun and seems to know what they are doing. Bad guys don't think "Oh well it's only a .380." They are worried about getting shot. NO ONE likes the pain of bullets entering their body. I know someone who has a Walther PK 380 and is deadly accurate and can draw pretty fast. I doubt anyone would argue that her .380 is not enough gun. Use your head and carry what you can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    98% of criminals get very worried if someone pulls a gun and seems to know what they are doing.
    Cite please?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    If you don't like recoil get a .32 acp, .380 acp, a .38 or 9mm.
    I shoot .357 magnum... Looking for the smaller 9mm for easier concealability. And cheaper to practice with.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast