Moving from Pennsylvania to Texas

Thread: Moving from Pennsylvania to Texas

1. Moving from Pennsylvania to Texas

Hi, i'm planning on moving from PA to TX within the next few weeks. I got my concealed carry permit for PA about a year ago and I did look to see if i could carry in TX (i am allowed) but when i move would i be required to renew in the state of Texas? or will my PA permit still be applicable.

any responses would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks.

3. most likely would have to apply for a texas resident license, the moment you become a resident of tx you become a non-resident of pa, which would probably invalidate a resident pa license. your absolute best bet would be to contact the tx ag office, try to get something in writing.

4. Your permit is good in PA as a state resident, if you relocate to texas, you are no longer a PA state resident and are a Texas resident which makes your PA permit invalid. You have to have a permit IN the state of your resident.

There was just a story on here not too long ago about a guy going to jail for almost the same thing. He had a home in GA I think and was working in Marylard, and was pull over and ended up getting a felony weapons charge. Stupid, but still the law and you do NOT want to mess up on a gun law.

Good luck on the move.

This should answer any questions. It is simple to get a PA Non-Resident Permit/License. Starting 3/31/11 PA will no longer issue by mail. You
    have to make a trip to PA to apply. If they do not issue it to you in your short visit they will mail you the
    permit/license when it is approved.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf