Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions?

1. Thanks guys, you've helped me feel a lot better about my choice for conceal carry. I hope to get it soon, but need to get a safe first or wife will freak. :P

3. This is my setup, along with the 6 rds mag and one in the chamber, I do carry an extra 7 rds mag on my belt if not two 7 rds mag. My 6 rounder mag don't want to load so I will have to down size it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions?-xds-crossbreed-holster-002.jpg Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions?-xds-crossbreed-holster-001.jpg Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions?-my-ranges-001.jpg 

I just got an XDs .45 and I love it already. I've only put 100 rounds thru so I'm not carrying it yet but I do have the 5.11 tactical t shirt and it will work fine. The 5.11 shirt is great for dress clothes but it's kind of hot during the summer here in Texas. I plan on sewing one shirt button to the outside of my shirt with a small piece of velcro behind it to close the shirt, that should speed the access a little. There's nothing wrong with an IWB holster you just have to buy your pants a size bigger

5. I can use whatever shirt you want and still conceal it pretty good, their are so many holster.

Nice weapon---Good luck finding 9mm ammo---Around here I'm only seeing shotgun shells on the shelf.

It is a sharp looking firearm. size wise and weight it's almost neck & neck with the Ruger SR9C (I have a 40C). I just preferred the Ruger system (10+1 on single stack magazine & 17 in Double Stack for the 9C) also like the Made In America of the Ruger.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Until then, probably a stupid question, but have you tried the included XD gear paddle holster? It's not the best, and there's no SERPA-like active retention system, but it should work until you find one more suited to your liking.
    No I haven't but, I will. I want a leather paddle I am looking at a Mernickle but, I am afraid to pull the trigger because you can't check it out first. Don't have much experience with paddles so it's going to be a learning curve. I know I like my serpa so, I need to find a leather one that positions the same way. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    No I haven't but, I will. I want a leather paddle I am looking at a Mernickle but, I am afraid to pull the trigger because you can't check it out first. Don't have much experience with paddles so it's going to be a learning curve. I know I like my serpa so, I need to find a leather one that positions the same way. Any suggestions?
    I prefer the paddle to a belt holster. It's so much easier to get on and off. You can just throw the holster on and walk out the door. As long as your belt is tight it isn't going anywhere.
    I also like it in case I have to drop a deuce in a public restroom. I don't want the gun near the floor where someone can see it from outside the stall. I can either set it on the TP dispenser or stick it in one of those metal bars to help people stand up. Seems like a silly thing to think about when picking a holster but it's come in handy more than once.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

10. jfisch I agree that is why I like them. What do you use?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Have both the 9mm and 45ACP... conceal well, shoot well, very manageable recoil for their size (SA definitely got it right), and can easily carry a couple extra mags and not feel weighed down. Use an alien gear IWB holster (have used Old faithful in the past) and forget I'm carrying most of the time. Can't comment on the shirt or laser accessories.
    Thanks for the heads up about alien gear. Never heard of them before. The price for an XDS IWB holster certainly can't be beat!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast