Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions?

1. It is Talon grip Tape and I have had these on since Oct 2012 and they are working as advertised, very satisfied w/them.

3. I love my XDS .45. It conceals very well as it's very slim. I highly recommend the XDS line for concealment!

Quote Originally Posted by ggcuervo View Post
    It is Talon grip Tape and I have had these on since Oct 2012 and they are working as advertised, very satisfied w/them.
    Thanks
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I tried the 40 cal and really liked the functioning and amazing accuracy with that short bbl, but the XD was just too heavy and the slide spring was extremely stiff, My wife had serious difficulty retracting the slide, so I got rid of it for a lighter weapon. Really like my Sig 938. Gun shop said the spring has to be that stiff...has anyone else had the same issues?

6. Small slide needs heavy recoil spring. Just the way it its. Needs inertia to cycle properly. Rack it like a man, manhandle it while firing, and it will not disappoint. It's not for everybody as it's a bulldog you have to handle like one. I'm talking about my .45. I don't know if the 9mm is similar.

If you don't take control of this weapon, it will take control of you. No weakness tolerated. work out with grip springs and a curl-bar if you have racking or limp wristing issues. It really is an easy weapon to get used to, if you work smart with it. Technique is everything if you are not a strong person. Scour the net for technique on racking and hold, if necessary. There's really no reason that women shouldn't be able to master this frame as there are many small women on the net with great success with this sidearm! Fate of Destinee even uses one! Try some YouTube videos! I don't think the weapon could be much lighter and be as accurate as it is. It seems to have a perfect balance of weight and accuracy for a small frame .45. Boreline is low so recoil is a hard push instead of a muzzle flipping snap as many .40s have, but you may get used to anything.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345