Want to Know best way to Conceal Carry for a portly man? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want to Know best way to Conceal Carry for a portly man?

I'm 6', 265# and I carry a G23 or a G27 @ 4o'clock in a Galco KingTuk with a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch belt. It is the most comfortable IWB holster I have found. I wear an A-shirt under and a T-shirt over and go on about my way. I'm wide thru the chest and shoulders, so a 3xl shirt fits up top and is just loose enough at the bottom for good concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    It is not the gun, or the position you try to carry it in, as much as it is: 1: your gun belt & 2: Your gun holster. If you are not wearing a top quality Instructor belt, especially being heavy, you may never be comfortable. www.thewilderness.com. Easy-Fit Original Instructor Belt Sizes to 15X. Spend time reading about the belts, and go as stiff as possible to get the most control. Suspenders also help. Never see a fireman at a fire without them.
    ^ What he said about a good gun belt.

I have a Wilderness Instructors belt(not the easy fit) 5 stitch stiffness. It makes a big difference.

I'm new to the forum and was thinking about asking the same question that started this thread. Thanks all for the advice, now it looks like I need to experiment.

I'm a shade under 6 foot and 300 lbs. Yes, I am trying to lose weight and agree that is an essential part of the equation, however other health issues make that difficult. I haven't yet found a way to carry my full size M&P 9mm in my Galco King Tuk without printing. What gets me is the grip, so I've been slowly adjusting the holster to cant the grip forward a bit more. I'd been trying to make 2 o'clock work, though maybe I'll follow the consensus here and try 3 to 4 instead.

In the meantime, I carry my LC9 in my front pocket when I carry. So far that has been the most comfortable and easily concealed, but I'd really hate to have to draw quickly. Thanks again for the great info and I look forward to learning a lot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123