awkward?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: awkward??

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You guys. Are gross.
    Allow me to digress for a moment.
    ~
    Almost 30 years ago when my wife was met my mother and father for the first time she learn what bodily functions were.
    ~
    At dinner my wife to be sitting across the table from my mother, when my mother leaned up on one check and passed gas. The look on my too be wife's face was priceless, because if you would never in a million years think from looking at my mother that she was even capable of farting. Always the lady and always looked the part. Once she saw Diane's distain she simply said "What's the matter dear it's just a normal body function." and went about eating dinner without saying another word about it.
    ~
    So what is gross about a normal body function. You can't tell me that you don't or that your sh!t don't stink either.
    ~
    As an old farmer once told me "be loud and be proud, it's better out than in".
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    IN a previous thread someone posted their concern about leaving the weapon behind when they were finished and came up with this solution. They slip the weapon into the crotch of the pants after they are pulled down. No one is going be able to reach it there and unless they are peeking on you they aren't going to see it, it isn't going to fall from there and it is going to be pretty hard to forget unless you are wearing you crotch down around you knees.
    That's essentially what I'm suggesting, though I don't necessarily have to remove my holster to do it. Wide load, etc. :)

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You guys. Are gross.
    We do our best. :D

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    Yet another forum post derailed! I'm not even sure how many this makes for me now...

I need to learn to let things go... Sorry OP but I hope you got some answers to your question.
    All good post get derailed at least once....makes for good entertainment
    Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    I like the stalls that have the gun hooks on the back of the door.
    that was good forthought th those who built the most of these stalls in the 80's :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    I'm not really a fan of the TP roll thing because I don't always know it's going to stay there, and I worry about the possibility of leaving it behind. I've never left anything in a restroom before, but the one time you assume something will not happen is the one time it does. I just fold my pants so that my holster isn't visible with me in a compromised position. ;)

The other thing is if I start to pull up my pants, I'll immediately notice the holster. If my carry piece became dislodged from the holster, it'd be in my pants and immediately noticed instead of clattering on the tile.

Obviously, if it's gonna clatter on the tile, don't try to catch it. Let it fall and pick it up.
    I like this idea.
    Next question.....
    Those of you who do remove your gun, what brand/make of holster do you carry and is it easly removable?

Un holster, drop pants, take seat, place firearm inside underwear(pants), take dump. I would never leave a firearm out of my sight. I have read and actually know of people leaving handguns in public restrooms. When the weapon is in my underwear when I pull up my pants after doing my business there is no way I am going to forget my weapon in the bathroom. This is what I do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    Un holster, drop pants, take seat, place firearm inside underwear(pants), take dump. I would never leave a firearm out of my sight. I have read and actually know of people leaving handguns in public restrooms. When the weapon is in my underwear when I pull up my pants after doing my business there is no way I am going to forget my weapon in the bathroom. This is what I do.
    I honestly can't see how people would leave handguns in public restrooms. It's the last thing I would ever forget about.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    I honestly can't see how people would leave handguns in public restrooms. It's the last thing I would ever forget about.
    As with safety… The one time you think you won't make a mistake is the one time you do.

Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    As with safety… The one time you think you won't make a mistake is the one time you do.
    I have ran across brand new smart phones left behind in public restrooms, while not the same as a gun I can see the possibly.
    Back to question #2 if you remove your holster, what brand/model do you use that is not only secure, but also easy on and off?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Advil View Post
    I have ran across brand new smart phones left behind in public restrooms, while not the same as a gun I can see the possibly.
    Back to question #2 if you remove your holster, what brand/model do you use that is not only secure, but also easy on and off?
    Don't remove the holster from the pants just remove the gun from the holster and stow gun in the crotch of you pants while you do you business.
    ~
    No need to remove holster to do what you need to do.
    Last edited by dogshawred; 08-28-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Advil View Post
    I guess it's possible someone might leave the gun behind. However unlikely it is for me it seems like you're really not paying attention to your surroundings like you should if you're carrying a weapon in the first place. I mean my gun weighs 23+oz fully loaded and I'd notice instantly that it's not there. I guess with a lighter gun you might be more prone not to notice the difference. These are busy and distracting times we live in but, in my opinion, that's no excuse for leaving your gun behind someplace.

As far as question 2 I used a Fobus paddle holster with my Bersa Thunder 380. Nice easy on & off but no real retention system and not as easily concealed in hot weather. If you're in a CC only state and/or prefer a higher level of retention it's probably not the best option. The holster is secure to my side with my belt tight but the gun is just retained with some pressure that can wear out over continued use. I currently use a Bianchi Carrylok belt holster with my Ruger SR40c but they make a paddle version as well. I'll probably buy a Fobus because their price points are pretty low. Most paddle holsters are probably going to be a little harder to conceal also. If concealment is key an IWB holster with clips is probably the best option.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Don't remove the holster from the pants just remove the gun from the holster and stow gun in the crotch of you pants while you do you business.
    ~
    No need to remove holster to do what you need to do.
    True, but depending on the gun, it's safety features and or firing system I'm more comfortable keeping the trigger covered. That's just me though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast