Where to Apply for Out of State Carry Near Pittsburgh PA?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Apply for Out of State Carry Near Pittsburgh PA?

1. Where to Apply for Out of State Carry Near Pittsburgh PA?

Greetings All,

I have CCW from Wisconsin and will be in the Pittsburgh area this Wednesday. I'm looking for recommendations for where to go to apply for a non-resident Pennsylvania CCW. Anywhere from New Castle to Greensburg would be fine (lets just say 1 hour drive from Pittsburgh).

I believe that it is police stations that process CCW in PA? I think it would make sense to find a place that isn't so busy they would not want to deal with it but isn't so small they don't normally do CCW.

Thanks much for the help!

I don't understand your problem. Your Wi permit is good in PA. If driving, your problems are Il and Oh.

4. It's the sheriff's office unless you're in a "city of the first class." Google the PAFOA and see what you can find. I just applied for my non-resident PA permit last week in Erie County, as I live in OH and it was the easiest to get to. Besides being legal in PA, I also add Texas, Georgia, and Wisconsin to my list of states.

5. You're O.K. in PA with a Wisconsin permit

Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    Greetings All,

I have CCW from Wisconsin and will be in the Pittsburgh area this Wednesday. I'm looking for recommendations for where to go to apply for a non-resident Pennsylvania CCW. Anywhere from New Castle to Greensburg would be fine (lets just say 1 hour drive from Pittsburgh).

I believe that it is police stations that process CCW in PA? I think it would make sense to find a place that isn't so busy they would not want to deal with it but isn't so small they don't normally do CCW.

You are 100% incorrect regarding issuance of non resident licenses to carry firearms, but no matter. Your Wisconsin license is recognized here in the Keystone State

6. Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    Greetings All,

I can say for a fact that Mercer county, Butler County and Lawrence County in PA will not issue a non-resident permit. I live in Medina, Oh and travel to PA and tried all three counties only to be denied. I finally drove to Erie county, made application on a Friday and had my permit in hand the following Wednesday. Now that is service! Bear in mind that OH will not honor a PA permit either.
    Thoughts for a Friday.....Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

7. Thanks for the quick information.

The reason I need a PA CCW is to get reciprocity in a few states I have friends/family in (Virginia for example). Virginia has open carry but I would like the option to conceal as well. And since I will be in PA anyway I would like to apply.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    Thanks for the quick information.

The reason I need a PA CCW is to get reciprocity in a few states I have friends/family in (Virginia for example). Virginia has open carry but I would like the option to conceal as well. And since I will be in PA anyway I would like to apply.
    goon, check out this link as it will show the counties closest to Pittsburgh (Allegheny county) for some options. Google sheriff's office "X" county and you can get some good information. As mentioned, the three counties above Pittsburgh are a no go so you may want to try those to the south and east as possibilities or the Pittsburgh police department.

http://paccw.home.mindspring.com/

forgot the link!
    Thoughts for a Friday.....Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Get an Arizona permit, it will cover many more states than the PA one will.

I got my PA non-resident permit last year from WESTMORELAND County, just southeast of PBG. I had to stop at the courthouse to process/pick it up, since they now have your pic on them. Originally (like 7 years ago), they were strictly mail order, printed on NCR paper, and you got the BOTTOM of 3 copies copy which was almost illegible..
    Sheriff Held wanted to meet me to ask why I wanted the permit. Simple - self protection. I think he just wanted to see how I was dressed (not a gang-banger). He approved it and I walked out with the permit.

11. You now have to apply in person, and they take your picture at time of application. I was told they'd mail it to me when done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast