New to CC. Question about going state to state.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to CC. Question about going state to state.

1. New to CC. Question about going state to state.

As stated in the title, I'm new to CC. In fact I haven't even used it yet because since airing my non resident CCW, I haven't traveled out of the Communist state of NJ. So my question is this as I'm still learning.

For those that travel from state to state for work, pleasure, or whatever, how do you easily find out all the laws for the different states? Is there a website I could go to that has all the states readily accessible? I'm thinking that if there is an easy site, I may print each states CCW laws(that I know I'll be traveling to or through) and laminate them and keep them in my vehicle. Does anyone do this? Or maybe even shrink it down and keep them in my wallet.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all produce for me.

Lots of information on this site. Try Concealed Carry Permit Information By State It has a lot of info about each state. Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry gives information about reciprocity with other states.
    TANSTAAFL

Handgunlaw.us in another good resource.
    Charlie Given
    Benefactor Life Member NRA and NRA Golden Eagle
    Life Member Gun Owners of America, Life Member of Texas State Rifle Association

5. I appreciate the help. I'll be checking it out

Quote Originally Posted by njlungbuster View Post
    As stated in the title, I'm new to CC. In fact I haven't even used it yet because since airing my non resident CCW, I haven't traveled out of the Communist state of NJ. So my question is this as I'm still learning.

For those that travel from state to state for work, pleasure, or whatever, how do you easily find out all the laws for the different states? Is there a website I could go to that has all the states readily accessible? I'm thinking that if there is an easy site, I may print each states CCW laws(that I know I'll be traveling to or through) and laminate them and keep them in my vehicle. Does anyone do this? Or maybe even shrink it down and keep them in my wallet.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all produce for me.
    do you have a NJ concealed carry card?
    if no, how are you getting your gun out of NJ?

7. Non resident Utah. And most times I fly do it'll be with my luggage. If I drive it'll be properly stored in my vehicle as per nj law until I exit this state en route to a pistol range in another state ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by njlungbuster View Post
    Non resident Utah. And most times I fly do it'll be with my luggage. If I drive it'll be properly stored in my vehicle as per nj law until I exit this state en route to a pistol range in another state ;-)
    if you think that you are going through EWR with no hassles, I've got the bridge for you to look at. I fly though PHL when I need to bring guns to and from NJ

9. I flew in and out of Newark for about a year, every Friday with a pistol, and never had any issues. Always delta. Now I fly Philly because it's easier and closer to home.

Thanks for posting this website. I haven't seen this one. I have learned so much from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by cgiven1 View Post
    Handgunlaw.us in another good resource.
    Thanks for this website. I haven't seen this one yet. I learn so much from you all. Keep posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast