state constitutions and concealed carry

Thread: state constitutions and concealed carry

1. state constitutions and concealed carry

What states have constitutions that mandate that concealed weapons permits be issued to any resident that can legally own a firearm?

3. This is using your exact wording: None. There is no state that mandates a permit be issued, that would imply the CCDW permits are free and given the second someone owns a firearm. The ability to acquire one of course changes from state to state, and it is highly suggested you pursue your states method of getting one. That being said, there is again no state that issues them to someone for simply having a gun.

Do you mean to "own" or to "carry"?

You ask about "concealed weapons permit" when you ask if that is needed to "own" a firearm. The permit/license system is to regulate law-abiding citizens methods of carry. Each state is different.

Example, in PA I may carry openly without a license to carry. Once I carry with that firearm in a vehicle or decide to conceal it in another manner, the state requires I have a license to carry.

None of these rules are part of the state's constitution.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Under the Constitution and the D I C K Act of 1902 they have no authority to require anything to carry.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Under the Constitution and the D I C K Act of 1902 they have no authority to require anything to carry.
    Very true. The question is 'do you have enough funds [$], to get the local judge to recognize it and abide by it.

Might be a good idea to check out Snopes, as I just done. Basically all the 'good stuff' has been invalidated, making this a moot Act.

7. You must get a. I-D-10-T form first. :D