Question for experienced carriers... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for experienced carriers...

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Now see, that's why I hang out here. I always learn new stuff. I was just operating under the assumption that I had to cooperate.
    I strongly suggest you learn your state law on the subject. In some states and under some circumstances store LP guys can detain you and hold you for the police and resisting them is a misdemeanor.

Assuming I had their identity verified by a store manager I would think the simplest way out of the situation would be to tell them I’m carrying a concealed firearm. But I certainly wouldn’t let them look through my packages or search my person and under absolutely no circumstance would they have any access to my firearm.
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Loss Prevention staff or store managers CAN NOT accuse you of shop lifting WITHOUT witnessing it. They can assume all they want, however, if you have a bulge and they suspect you stole something, tell them to pound sand, if they dont have proof. Its your business whats under your shirt, not theirs, Unless they have proof.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

4. Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Now see, that's why I hang out here. I always learn new stuff. I was just operating under the assumption that I had to cooperate.
    I was leaving Wal Mart in late December a couple of years back. There was an older gentleman at the exit with a couple of customers stopped at the door. I walked around them all and headed out the door. He said loudly, "Excuse me, sir, I need to check your receipt!" I replied equally as loudly, "No, you don't." and kept walking. I felt kind of bad for him because the look on his face was like, "Oh....crap. Now what am I supposed to do?"

The store has no legal authority to detain you unless they have specific reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime. The private warehouse clubs like Sam's Club and Costco are a bit different because you agree to such silliness as a receipt check upon exit when you sign the membership agreement.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. No.
    J

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
    yep I sure have, in a market once and a cashier asked to see in my "expedition fatboy" shoulder bag, I told him that was none of his business, he said if I didn't have anything to hide, why wouldn't I let him see, I sad none of your f&%$#n business is why!! he said maybe he should call the police, so I pulled out my badge and said no need to be stupid, now can I check out?? or should you call your manager over?? I was promptly check out!!
    That always pi$$e$ me off when you don't wish to be searched because of the God-given right not to be searched or have your property seized and then they say, "what's the problem if you have nothing to hide?". The problem is (to every arse that asks this baiting question) is that this is my stuff, these are my things. I do not wish anyone touching them, bothering them, examining them, or doing any other thing to them because they are mine and not yours. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Pfflyer, thanks for your story. I would have loved to have seen the sheepish face of that cashier.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    It is better to know your rights and be thought by others that you are a prick, then to not know your rights and be pricked by others.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

No. Not an issue, but I would guess in large cities in Left leaning states might be. Also, I try not to bulge and if I dress for the Arizona heat it would be with a fanny pack or the Kimber Ultra carry close in.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123