Nation wide concealed carry. - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 98

Thread: Nation wide concealed carry.

  1. If it's a Federal background check then it should good in all states. Period!

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Background checks are worthless. I have never done anything to get me on the list of people that can't purchase a firearm. That has no bearing on what I might do tomorrow. If you want to cut down on gun violence then the news needs to quit making mass murderers famous.
    Chief

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,421
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Wow, my bad! I should have noticed that it was too short to be one of your posts!
    HA! I almost said that the brevity should've been a dead give-away too. Sdprof definitely has me in the "Soul of Wit" Department! LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I have already let my representatives know that I will not support any law regarding guns unless they specifically repeal the infringements currently in place, with NO concessions given to appease the grabbers. What I think is interesting is that I get monthly (weekly when in session) updates from the offices of Senator Tim Scott and Representative Mark Sanford, along with detailed info on what they have voted on and why. I never get those from Congressman Lindsey Graham...
    I don't know much about Scott, but what I do know seems impressive. Unfortunately, no matter his voting record, Sanford is a degenerate and represents one of the most significant things that is wrong with this country to me.

    Grahamnesty represents pretty much all the rest.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    HA! I don't know much about Scott, but what I do know seems impressive. Unfortunately, no matter his voting record, Sanford is a degenerate and represents one of the most significant things that is wrong with this country to me.
    Blues
    Unfortunately it was the choice between Sanford and Colbert's little sister who is a progressive liberal that thinks the south needs unions. As I said, I do believe Sanford is personally abhorrent, I would never invite him into my home or trust him around my wife or daughters. As a representative that votes the way I as a constituent want him to vote though, he is above reproach. I had to separate the two after he won the primary.
    -
    Surprisingly, I receive frequent updates from his office on things that are being considered, his voting record on everything and his reasoning behind his vote. After writing his office an e-mail regarding the Fair Tax, one of his staffers called to ask me for more information on some of my ideas. He said that Mark had read it and that one of my ideas would actually solve one of the issues they were facing regarding small businesses, and asked the staffer to call an pick my brain on it. It was no great mind-blowing idea, just regarding that any fair tax should not apply to things like groceries, since people who can only survive paycheck to paycheck should not be taxed as highly as those that can afford luxury items. He said that would help on the problem of small restaurants being overly taxed for purchasing the supplies they need to run their business.
    Chief

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    He'll do even a better job as your Senator. Really miss living down there.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by timtheref View Post
    At this point, I would settle for national reciprocity. And then push for more after that. But one thing at a time.
    So would I -- for quite a few things.

  8. #47
    National CCW or Reciprocity will never happen, at least not in my lifetime. Chuck Schumer and his lapdog Kirsten Gillibrand will never vote for national reciprocity, plus he's got enough clout and influence in the Senate to keep it from happening. Plus, NY will claim "state's rights" to keep others out.

    Chuckie Schumer is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" people. He's got a CCW for NY, but doesn't think "The Great Unwashed" should be able to have one....because nobody is as smart or responsible as the "Ruling Class". Also, Chuckie pulls the loop coming out of Gillibrands back and she will say whatever he has programmed into her... just like my daughter's dolls of many years ago. So there are already 2 "Nay" votes already.

    Finally, I've written to both Schumer and Gillibrand in the past regarding this issue. Their response, 'We don't trust that other states will be as diligent and thorough as NY in scrutinizing CCW applicants'. In other words, some states are 'must issue', while NY is 'may issue', so we won't give reciprocity.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    National CCW or Reciprocity will never happen, at least not in my lifetime. Chuck Schumer and his lapdog Kirsten Gillibrand will never vote for national reciprocity, plus he's got enough clout and influence in the Senate to keep it from happening. Plus, NY will claim "state's rights" to keep others out.

    Chuckie Schumer is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" people. He's got a CCW for NY, but doesn't think "The Great Unwashed" should be able to have one....because nobody is as smart or responsible as the "Ruling Class". Also, Chuckie pulls the loop coming out of Gillibrands back and she will say whatever he has programmed into her... just like my daughter's dolls of many years ago. So there are already 2 "Nay" votes already.

    Finally, I've written to both Schumer and Gillibrand in the past regarding this issue. Their response, 'We don't trust that other states will be as diligent and thorough as NY in scrutinizing CCW applicants'. In other words, some states are 'must issue', while NY is 'may issue', so we won't give reciprocity.
    No offense intended, but all you can do is gather likeminded individuals, get off your a$$ and vote the guy out. You aren't the only state with that problem (Kalifornistan comes to mind)
    Chief

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Food for thought about "national reciprocity".....

    First of all the only way all the States would agree to it is if the national standard was the most restrictive State's criteria. After all.... anything less restrictive and that State won't agree to it so any national reciprocity went "poof" right there.

    Second... and I don't understand why anyone would be looking to "Daddy Fed" to step in and force the States to recognize each others permits since "Daddy Fed" is NOT some benevolent doting Granpa wanting to do the right thing for the people... "Daddy Fed" really is "Papa Dictator" who doesn't give two farts about the people wanting national reciprocity but would dearly love to have control of carry permits so the Feds can dictate what the criteria for qualification is, how much it costs, and who is disqualified right from the get go. And incrementally increase the degree of restrictions/costs until no common peon could possibly qualify or afford it.

    Do folks really want the Feds to be in control? Think carefully because asking the Federal government for national reciprocity is the same as asking Obama for permission to carry a gun.

    Now... in my opinion... the only acceptable "national reciprocity" would be Constitutional carry in all States brought about by the individual residents of each State... no Feds involved in any way. But to do that people in each and every State would have to get off their butts and fight for Constitutional carry in their respective State.

    But I fear folks would rather look to what they think is "benevolent Daddy Fed" to step in and save the day never realizing that "Daddy Fed" isn't going to save the day.... "Daddy Fed" is really "Papa Dictator" who will use national reciprocity as a way to STEP ON the right to bear arms and squash it out of existence.

    Be very careful what you ask for..... you just might get it.

  11. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    No offense intended, but all you can do is gather likeminded individuals, get off your a$$ and vote the guy out. You aren't the only state with that problem (Kalifornistan comes to mind)
    We might have the numbers if we could get all Non-Liberals to go vote....BUT we haven't been able to get them out on election day! Additionally, if our US Constitution was being followed, we would NOT have to actually VOTE Schumer and Gillibrand out. The Constitution states that US Senators are not an elected position, rather they are appointed by the State Legislature, I believe it's the State Senate(not 100% sure), which is under Republican control. But when does the Constitution actually matter to this administration anyway.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast